Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a convertible. Just waiting to receive my DORA and my down payment to be taken out!
Sponsored

DropTopBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Conv, Perf Pak, Borla Sport Axleback
Noise

Maybe a convertible is not for you. We drive our Jeep YJ from April to November down here without the top or doors.

It is when the top is up on most verts that makes them look bad.

At highway speeds is the interior noise high in a vert with the top up? You can't here yourself think in the YJ with the soft top on.
I have the "LovetheRide" wind deflector which greatly reduces the turbulence with the top down and side windows down. With top down and side windows up it's extremely calm and quiet...actually TOO calm! I've had bluetooth phone calls with the top down and no problem. Of course if a semi is next to me that's another story.

With top up the insulated lining makes the inside VERY quiet...I would say it's as quiet as my previous sedan. Even better is how the rain sounds on the canvas top!

I love the lines of mine with the top down and almost everyday someone in traffic or gas station or car wash or wherever makes comments that it's their dream car. With top up I like the black roof that matches the black trim and wheels. For me visibility with the top up is no problem with the BLIS system.

I've been driving since 1967 and with over 20 coupes and sedans in my past this is my very first convertible. I don't know why I waited so long and can't image going back to a hardtop.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
sbrenskell

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I have the "LovetheRide" wind deflector which greatly reduces the turbulence with the top down and side windows down. With top down and side windows up it's extremely calm and quiet...actually TOO calm! I've had bluetooth phone calls with the top down and no problem. Of course if a semi is next to me that's another story.

With top up the insulated lining makes the inside VERY quiet...I would say it's as quiet as my previous sedan. Even better is how the rain sounds on the canvas top!

I love the lines of mine with the top down and almost everyday someone in traffic or gas station or car wash or wherever makes comments that it's their dream car. With top up I like the black roof that matches the black trim and wheels. For me visibility with the top up is no problem with the BLIS system.

I've been driving since 1967 and with over 20 coupes and sedans in my past this is my very first convertible. I don't know why I waited so long and can't image going back to a hardtop.
well said......:cheers:

I was amazed how the car is with the top up or down... And the "love the Ride" deflector does wonders....

Sponsored

OP
OP
sbrenskell

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had a soft top LJ once upon a time with Super Swamper TSL's on it. I dialed into a conference call once and they asked me if I was in a helicopter!
I haven't had any problems on the bluetooth in my '13. We'll see about the '18 though. I hope the Sync 3 doesn't have me say "bluetooth audio" like I do whenever I get into my car. It is so annoying!

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't had any problems on the bluetooth in my '13. We'll see about the '18 though. I hope the Sync 3 doesn't have me say "bluetooth audio" like I do whenever I get into my car. It is so annoying!
As long as you not running 38" mud tires you should be fine. :) The LJ was my wrangler

The bluetooth in my car is so good you can make calls with the top down!
Sponsored