Sponsored

16 Week Wait

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
I had ordered my vehicle from a dealership (that claimed they were the highest selling in the area for Mustangs) on June 26th, out of 2-3 other Ford dealerships.

I am now getting an ETA of October 15, mostly likely Monday October 16th. This seems unusually excessive, especially in the fact that I live within the continental United States. Is my build that difficult, that it requires much more time? I am thankful it was picked up by Ford, but a nearly 4 month wait seems really suspect.

Unless my car magically gets the updated 5.0, I am a bit miffed by having to wait much longer than the late August-mid September window I expected. Hopefully it has the best build quality of any S550, for them to be taking this much time. Annoyingly enough, I figure it's this stupid allocation issue.

I had planned to sell my ST sometime next month and was preparing to make necessary extended warranty cancellations 1 month ahead, only to see the new ETA yesterday and have to backtrack. The ST is my DD, which the Mustang replaces. Don't want to risk unforeseen repairs in regards to the warranty.
Screenshot (2).png
vehicle.jpg
Sponsored

Eliteprophet1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Ecoboost Convertible
That is weird. I ordered mine June 29th, and it says it should be delivered September 1st. It doesn't show a build date yet, but has a VIN.

OP
OP
amk91

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
That is weird. I ordered mine June 29th, and it says it should be delivered September 1st. It doesn't show a build date yet, but has a VIN.
I don't have a build date either, but like you, the VIN and ETA. I am very much questioning whether I should get something else entirely in that planned late August to mid-September window and forget about this car altogether.

Only the price of a new 2018 GT Premium 401A fully loaded at $54k, is what is keeping me from one. What would be the difference of waiting another few weeks for a 2018, now that I realize I like how it looks in Kona and Magnetic.

For all the possible fibs and holes in the dealer's stories regarding this order, I have wonder if any of the 2 other dealerships would've made this car happen sooner or even at all.

A dealer in another town, has outright lost my business over two over-entitled salesman becoming either violent or unusually rude over me exercising my rights as a customer.

chandlermaxwell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Fastback
I ordered mine on July 3rd and got the VIN roughly a week later. My car completed In Order Processing Monday (8/7) and still doesn't have the link for a window sticker or build date. Called my dealer and he told me it was a build date of 8/15 which corresponds to the window sticker I was able to find over at researchmaniacs.com using my VIN.

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Mine was ordered on 5 Jun with a delivery date 16 August (in 2 days). Has been built, but still awaiting transportation according to COTUS. Hope it gets here soon! I really hope COTUS is behind in where cars really are in the process.

Bob

Sponsored

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Don't take any stock in COTUS or Dealer info. I had the same issues (no build date, etc). Ordered May '15 with '16 production date starting in August '15. No info at all in COTUS or from Ford Rep or dealer. Waited patiently until mid Sept and I casually called dealer not expecting any info, and he tells me he's looking at it roll off the truck as we speak! Thought he was kidding, but no, there it is on his lot and still no info in COTUS. It updated about a week later.

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks, MX5Racer. Still have no word and COTUS just dropped off the expected delivery date. Oh well! I ordered my Mustang to get the auto with 3.55 rear end. How do you like yours? I've read good and bad about that ratio but my old "kind of racing" days said that's what I wanted. I'll probably not go to a drag strip again (I'm too old) but I do want a vehicle that runs like a scalded cat when I want to get on it. Thanks for any input you have.

Bob

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I have no regrets with the 3.55. I just drove a rental for 1200 miles, and assuming it had 3.15 gears, it was a real dog when passing, despite the 300 HP it had. There was absolutly no G-force feel when taking off or punching it. I have to attribute this to the gearing, because 300 HP should have some sort of thrill. Now my 3.55, granted its a GT, really pulls off the line and still has alot of room left for those 70mph to 100mph sprints. The 3.55 is a great balance between speed, acceleration, and gas miliage. You will love it!
Sponsored