OP
Wildcat

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
pics of the focus?!

and congrats anyways. I worked my way up from a new-gen Focus to my first Mustang, but the Focus was phenomenal. That car handles like a beast and it feels so light on its feet. What it doesn't have in power (despite being just as quick as the 2.5 mazda3's) it more than makes up for in reflexes/handling. I whipped that car around like it was a ragdoll and it always amazed me. The car just begs to be yanked around like a dirty slut haha. Im willing to bet (with comparable tires) the focus would have higher cornering speeds than an 07.

When I got the Focus I passed up the chance to get a base model ST and I am happy I did so. I saved some money up front and in gas (and tires...and tickets haha). Was sad with my decision at first but it went a long way to getting me mustang ready. Plus I didnt care after a few months behind the wheel, the Focus charmed me in a hurry. Driving like an A-hole I still averaged mileage in the higher 20's, and low to mid 30's were totally doable with a reasonable right foot. Enjoy it

Thanks, man. It does handle very well. The steering seems nicely weighted and very solid. It's black with the SE Sport pack, which adds the spoiler, fogs, bodywork, and some really nice 17 inch wheels.

I will try to snap some pics this weekend, but it's been surprisingly shitty here in Tampa lately (clouds, fog, and wind).
Sponsored

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
We have a 2014 Focus Titanium, bought it March of this year. Already have 19k miles on it (several road trips and my wife has a long daily commute). Love that car. Never thought I'd say anything kind about a focus....but IMHO the new generation Focus is a great car.
image.jpg

Mgsouthwest2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT C/S
Way back in 2000, I had to do the same thing. Traded a mustang I had for 7 years for a Focus ZX3. It was a great little car. Just needed something more practical at the time. It happens. Since then I have been able to have 3 more mustangs. So, yeah don't sweat it, you will be back someday. Just do what you need to do for now.

NotBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (Base)
According to a sample of 1,800 V6 Mustangs sold the lowest price was $21.1 but it should be no problem finding one for $21,750. If you don't have kids I think the Mustang V6 is a much nicer car than a Focus. But that's just my preferences.

9TuEexz.png

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I'm a Mustang guy. Have had 4 of them. That said....I would take a loaded focus over a v6 mustang without hesitation.

Never in a million years would have thought I'd say that.

Sponsored

roguestang001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/ 2000 Mustang GT/ 1990 Mustang GT
Wildcat, what part of Tampa are you from? We've got a small club that gets together every month for a cruise. We're primarily Mustangs, but anyone can come out and join in.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

NotBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (Base)
I'm a Mustang guy. Have had 4 of them. That said....I would take a loaded focus over a v6 mustang without hesitation.

Never in a million years would have thought I'd say that.
A loaded focus is going to be several thousand more than a V6 Mustang. You are talking about a focus SE or a V6 Mustang. The stang is a much nicer car per dollar and that 3.7L is a damn decent engine, but the Coyote is a phenominal engine.

dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear that you Stang had to go away. I wanted to reply to your statement of not wanting a V6 Mustang. I've had my GT PP now for about 30 days. Have 600 miles on it. Absolutely love this car. Awesome is an understatement. But I am getting 13+ MPG with it and I'm driving it like a little old lady. A couple of times I ran it through the gears. But I'm keeping it under 3K, mostly in the 2K range.
I know Ford says don't worry about the mileage until you have 1000 miles on it.

It occurred to me yesterday that had I known then what I know now I might have done this differently. Ford made a big mistake not allowing a V6 GT option. Nice to have a turbo GT option but you are NOT going to convince me to get a Ford turbo anything. I had two Merkur Xr4Ti and a dozen new turbos plus more than half dozen new transmissions. Junk.
Anyway, I am aware now that almost all the parts you need to convert a V6 to a GT are available from FORD. Shocks, springs, brakes, etc. Sure that is not exactly correct but you know what I mean. And if I wanted the 400 HP I could have FORD put a supercharger on it and keep my warranty. Want a customized Mustang? Trick out a V6.
Of course Ford in their infinite wisdom has eliminated the V6 for 2018. Dumb. Sell the world a turbo 4 cylinder. No thanks.

Love my GT but I was expecting closer to 20 MPG not 13-14. I was planning on this car being my summer driver.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Wonder if the OP ever got his EB or GT Mustang.

Sponsored

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Traded in the Stang for Ford Flex

Had to do the same thing back in 2010 when the wife, step-kids and parents all ganged up on me to trade in my 2005 Ford Mustang GT. I had already done a GT500 conversion and had plans to build a Ford Performance Boss Modular 5.0L Engine Block and slap on a Roush supercharger on it. 7 years later got my 2017 Ford Mustang GT. Life is full of surprises. :D

Ford Flex is my daily driver now. ;)
IMG_2507.JPG

Last edited:

dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
Vehicle Showcase
John Lennon probably said it best "Life is what happens to us while we make our plans."

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
John’s other quotes

John Lennon probably said it best "Life is what happens to us while we make our plans."
What do you wanna be when you grow up? “Happy”. :D

That’s my philosophy in life. ;)

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I'm curious why this 2 year old thread was revived?

17StangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
Sorry to hear that you Stang had to go away. I wanted to reply to your statement of not wanting a V6 Mustang. I've had my GT PP now for about 30 days. Have 600 miles on it. Absolutely love this car. Awesome is an understatement. But I am getting 13+ MPG with it and I'm driving it like a little old lady. A couple of times I ran it through the gears. But I'm keeping it under 3K, mostly in the 2K range.
I know Ford says don't worry about the mileage until you have 1000 miles on it.

It occurred to me yesterday that had I known then what I know now I might have done this differently. Ford made a big mistake not allowing a V6 GT option. Nice to have a turbo GT option but you are NOT going to convince me to get a Ford turbo anything. I had two Merkur Xr4Ti and a dozen new turbos plus more than half dozen new transmissions. Junk.
Anyway, I am aware now that almost all the parts you need to convert a V6 to a GT are available from FORD. Shocks, springs, brakes, etc. Sure that is not exactly correct but you know what I mean. And if I wanted the 400 HP I could have FORD put a supercharger on it and keep my warranty. Want a customized Mustang? Trick out a V6.
Of course Ford in their infinite wisdom has eliminated the V6 for 2018. Dumb. Sell the world a turbo 4 cylinder. No thanks.

Love my GT but I was expecting closer to 20 MPG not 13-14. I was planning on this car being my summer driver.
13-14 mpg? I'm averaging 21 mpg mostly highway on my way to work, but a lot of stop and go traffic in my area. And traffic on the highway a lot. And I'm not babying it either. I floor it every time I get the chance. :ford:
Sponsored