Sponsored

Dont see this mentioned anywhere...

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
So I'm new to the whole concept of ordering a car. Most of what i read seems to skip this part.

Do I just walk into the dealer, say "Hi, I want to order a car and I have x-plan."? Then just fill out some paper work? I assume I have to put something down on it?

It seems most guides I find about this starts AFTER you left the dealer, not exactly what you do at the dealer.
Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Pretty much!

I contacted the internet sales manager at my dealer beforehand, and negotiated the specifics, as far as what packages I wanted, what they'd offer for price and rebates, etc. When it came time to order, I scheduled a time to come in and meet with the internet sales manager and new car manager, went into the latter's private office, checked the boxes on a form, and handed them a check for $500. A few weeks later, I had a VIN, and a few weeks after that, my car was delivered. In all, it took about 10-11 weeks, and mine was an early build MY2016 (ordered late AUG-2015, delivered 10-OCT-2015). I'd expect you might wait a little longer with the new model.

JR

OP
OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Thanks guys!

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer gave me the X-plan pricing and I asked them when I give them the PIN for the discount and they said when I come pick the car up I'll give them the PIN for my car.

I think you should wait till they get them on the lots because by then they'll have the build time down a lot more than it is right now. I ordered mine August 9th and I doubt I'll see my car before January the way things are going.

I actually called the dealer and talked to the internet sales manager. When I actually came in he handed me off to another salesman. But I've been dealing with my salesman and the new car manager. I went through three different dealers who all ignored me. This dealer didn't ignore me and actually gave me the time of day.

z31maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Yep, that's nearly what I did when I ordered my base '13 Mustang GT Track Pack.

I called the dealer that was most convenient to my home and work. Said, "I want to order X, I want to work with your dealer as it's the best location for me and you have a good reputation. Call me back with a price that's good enough I don't need to bother calling the other dealers in the area."

They called back about 2 hours later and offered my something like ~12-13% off MSRP, I went in that afternoon and gave them a deposit check and filled out the paperwork.

Sponsored

lostlocalhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 EBP PP MR
Vehicle Showcase
I went to one and said I wanted to order one and had the xact specs I wanted. Sat down with the guy and ordered it. He told me he'll sell it no matter what, so I didn't have to pay the $500 deposit. (Other dealerships I talked to would have charged me $1500).
Good thing too, because I then emailed another dealership asking for invoice or better pricing for a very similar specc'd one and he delivered below invoice.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I went to one and said I wanted to order one and had the xact specs I wanted. Sat down with the guy and ordered it. He told me he'll sell it no matter what, so I didn't have to pay the $500 deposit. (Other dealerships I talked to would have charged me $1500).
Good thing too, because I then emailed another dealership asking for invoice or better pricing for a very similar specc'd one and he delivered below invoice.
My dealer took a $1000 nonrefundable deposit. But they haven't cashed it. I guess they will once my car is sitting at their lot. Or they'll just have me write another check for the deposit. And I checked every single box (except recaros).

Dave_RTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Race Red Shelby GT350
My dealer took a $1000 nonrefundable deposit. But they haven't cashed it. I guess they will once my car is sitting at their lot. Or they'll just have me write another check for the deposit. And I checked every single box (except recaros).
If you put down a deposit (other than the 1k) I expect they would just trash that check and have you write a new one. That's what has happened to me in past experiences with ordering a new car after putting down a deposit.
Sponsored