Sponsored

Got my personal plates. What do you think?

MUSThavaSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT 6 speed PP
Got pulled over in a Cobra in Ohio for no front plate. Cop didn't even care about it, never told me to get one or to fix it, just wanted to search the car for drugs.
Same for me in NY state. Said he pulled me over for no front plate. Asked me if I'd had anything to drink, I lied and he said get home safely. No ticket.
Sponsored

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Got pulled over in a Cobra in Ohio for no front plate. Cop didn't even care about it, never told me to get one or to fix it, just wanted to search the car for drugs.
Classic example of ‘Probable Cause’.... Especially for Law Enforcement Agencies that implement a monthly quota for their officers.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Tints, no front plates, lights etc........don’t give them an excuse to pull you over.

Your driving a cop magnet, why make it worse?

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
20170326_190038_resized (1) (576x1024).jpg

I live in Maryland that requires a front tag. Since she is a daily driver, I decided on a similar custom tag. I really like the new Maryland tag design and added the 50 years frame.

OP
OP
BFord1

BFord1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Here in WI, we are required to have 2 plates. Now when I ordered my 17 GT, I asked if they would not install the front plate as I didn't want some 17 year old kid drilling holes in my front bumper. The new car manager told me, "We don't install them on any of the mustangs, you know, because those buyers are a little more finicky than the normal car buyer!"

So my GT does NOT have a front plate!! Until I get stopped, then I will use my wife's line "We go this car from IN and I guess they never put it on when we were there." It has worked 2X for her.
LOL that worked for me many times as well. Part of the problem was that works only once with the same cop and they like to patrol my neighborhood. I asked the cop if it would be okay if I put it in the windshield and he said yes and gave me a warning. That was in Garden Ridge, TX where I live (3500 pop.). So, I put a plate in the window. Then I got pulled over by a San Antonio, TX cop (1.2 Mil pop.) for having it in the window who told me about a state law that you can't have glass or plastic in front of a plate. I told him another officer said it would be okay to have it inside the windshield. He asked where he was from. I said Garden Ridge. He said that's why and let me go with a warning.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BFord1

BFord1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
20170326_190038_resized (1) (576x1024).jpg

I live in Maryland that requires a front tag. Since she is a daily driver, I decided on a similar custom tag. I really like the new Maryland tag design and added the 50 years frame.
Looks good in white and I also like those hood stripes. Where did you get the stripes?

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
My 2015 Mustang GT (720x1280) (720x1280) (2) (720x1280).jpg

Thank you. I have a base GT and decided to have the California Special fade stripes added (doors and hood) as something different from the traditional over the top stripes. I also added the anniversary package wheels. I work at a Ford dealer and purchased the stripes through the Parts Department (They were insanely expensive at the time). Since then a company called AutoMotorStripes.com has reproduced the same stripes for a lot less cost.

OP
OP
BFord1

BFord1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Honestly it just looks like your plate is saying something about Texas since Texans are completely obsessed with talking about Texas and letting people know about how proud of Texas they are because they live in Texas.

Teck-sass.
I'm from Oklahoma but have lived in Texas for a long time. Texans are proud of Texas but I think that's true about a lot of states especially large ones. There are a lot of weird little things about Texas that get talked about like the fact that Texas is the only state that can fly the state flag at the same height as the US flag and crap like that. Some people in neighboring states don't like Texans. A lot of people in Colorado don't like Texans. My Grandpa in Oklahoma hated Texans. Why I don't know. I don't give two sh*ts about all that. It's just another place to work and live. I can't complain. Texas has been good to me.

OP
OP
BFord1

BFord1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Thank you. I have a base GT and decided to have the California Special fade stripes added (doors and hood) as something different from the traditional over the top stripes. I also added the anniversary package wheels. I work at a Ford dealer and purchased the stripes through the Parts Department (They were insanely expensive at the time). Since then a company called AutoMotorStripes.com has reproduced the same stripes for a lot less cost.
I didn't even noticed the stripes faded in the first picture. You can definitely tell in the second picture. Looks good.

Intrepid175

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I've always gone without front plates and just dealt with it (warnings, tickets, etc.) I hate the way front plates look. But, when I traded my GT500 on this GT it already had the bracket on the front so I decided to get vanity plates and run a front plate. At first I was going to put PROCHRG or something related to the supercharger. I thought COYOTE would be cool but was already taken. Then I remembered the TV show Hardcastle and McCormick when I was a kid and they ran a COYOTEX plate on their car.
So far several people seem to think it says COYO TEX. (I suppose that's at first glance seeing they're Texas plates.) I may just get tired of explaining it and change the plates back. Car was dirty from all the rain but I took a quick picture with the new plates anyway.
I think it looks great. I read it as "Coyote Tex." I've got some very good friends who have wanted a new Porsche for as long as I've known them. After almost 30 years, they finally bought their dream car, a 2016 Boxster S. It's the last year for the 6 cylinder and it really scoots! They put customized plates on that car. It reads, "Fina11y" :)

Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
If you are worried about how much you've had to drink, don't drive. If you can feel two, only have one.
Definitely not worried about drinking a couple of beers, but after a couple I'd rather have the tag on the front to avoid giving a cop a reason to pull me over.

17StangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
In Illinois I have to have a front plate. I got a sto-n-go when I first got the car but scraped the bottom and bent up my plate pulling into the garage since it sits so low, then even messed up the bracket where it doesn't go off and on so easily after I tried to straighten it, so I took it off. Anyway I got pulled over for speeding last weekend. :( Anyway I got a warning for speeding but he gave me a no front plate $97 ticket. Ugh I did more research and bought Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets where the bottom of the bracket is like a sto-n-go but it's double sided tape on the underneath where the plate would normally go making the plate set in the normal spot. Plus you are able to take it on and off easily like the sto-n-go. Anyway hope that one works out for me cause I don't want any more tickets. I put the bottom bracket on this morning and it said leave it on there for 48-72 hours for the 3m double sided tape to cure before you let the plate hang off it.

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
I'm from Oklahoma but have lived in Texas for a long time. Texans are proud of Texas but I think that's true about a lot of states especially large ones. There are a lot of weird little things about Texas that get talked about like the fact that Texas is the only state that can fly the state flag at the same height as the US flag and crap like that. Some people in neighboring states don't like Texans. A lot of people in Colorado don't like Texans. My Grandpa in Oklahoma hated Texans. Why I don't know. I don't give two sh*ts about all that. It's just another place to work and live. I can't complain. Texas has been good to me.
I stopped at guitar center on way home tonight so i was on a different route and time from usual. Anyway, i saw a sweet looking gt and wanted to see what the custom plate was. Low and behold it was coyotex. Car sounded awesome by the way. I tried pulling up next to you for a thumbs up but as soon as i got even i had to slow for traffic

And yes Texas is awesome. I've lived in several states and hopefully can stay here in my home state the rest of my life. or until all the Cali imports ruin it. :mad:

OP
OP
BFord1

BFord1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey there I think I saw you. It was pretty heavy traffic on 410 near 35. I noticed a white S550 in my rear view mirror. It stood out because it looked like some sort of custom front fascia that looked cool. I wasn't able to see it well though. Do you have pictures?

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG

Too bad they don't make them in Red......but I finally found a place that will...have a Red set coming for my Black Magic!!
Sponsored