Sponsored

V1 issues

Desert Rat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I'm getting lots of weak X-band false alarms with my V1 in my 2017. I have two V1s and they both do it in my Mustang but not in any of my other cars. Any ideas??? It's annoying as hell.
Sponsored

undearth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Having same issue. Thought it might adaptive cruise contol on other cars.

OP
OP

Desert Rat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Having same issue. Thought it might adaptive cruise contol on other cars.
I get that a little bit, too but this happens when there are no cars anywhere near me.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Strange. I haven't noticed that problem with mine. Are you sure it happens only in the Mustang and not other cars you're in?

Some phones can set off a low strength X band.

Blind spot monitors and adaptive cruise usually use K band, and lane assist system can set off laser falses. Is X band used in your area? It is pretty rare to see aside from a few states. You may be able to turn it off if it's not a threat.

OP
OP

Desert Rat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Strange. I haven't noticed that problem with mine. Are you sure it happens only in the Mustang and not other cars you're in?
Positive. I have two and have switched them back and forth twice. They work fine in my truck. I haven't seen X band from a cop that I can think of in a long time. Maybe I should just go into program mode and shut it off. Still seems weird though.

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Positive. I have two and have switched them back and forth twice. They work fine in my truck. I haven't seen X band from a cop that I can think of in a long time. Maybe I should just go into program mode and shut it off. Still seems weird though.
That is strange. I'll have to keep an eye out and see if I have the same thing. Can't think of what could be causing it though. Garage door opener maybe?

Most people can turn off X without issue. It's mostly still seen in NJ and OH. But it's not impossible to see it elsewhere. You can turn it off in programming. If you haven't already I would look into using Euro mode, custom sweeps, and Ka Guard off. Wakes up the V1 big time. Feel free to PM me for more info if needed. :thumbsup:

boostaddict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Premium 6MT
No x band false signals in my mustang - premium with blind spot & cross traffic. My V1 is just over 2 years old, so a recent firmware version. How old is your V1?

OP
OP

Desert Rat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
No x band false signals in my mustang - premium with blind spot & cross traffic. My V1 is just over 2 years old, so a recent firmware version. How old is your V1?
One of them is only a year old and the other is about 16 years old. It has been updated twice and the last time was like a year or two ago.

Ahl you have a pm on the way. I'm interested.

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
Just turn off X-Band if the blues use K/Ka primarily. I had a ton of X-Band false alarms around where I live usually around stores, got annoyed and turned it off. But in my neck of the woods it's the K/Ka that are the actual alerts.

Calvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
Back when I had my v1 (smash and grabbed) I would set it for Advanced Logic mode. If I remember right, I just held the mute button till a full L (Not short L) showed up on the screen. This mode is suppose to cancel out most if not all x bands.

Sponsored

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
I had a ton of X-Band false alarms around where I live usually around stores, got annoyed and turned it off.

Automatic storefront doors can trigger it

OP
OP

Desert Rat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Still no idea what was causing it but turning off x band was an easy fix. Didn't realize x band isn't used anymore. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored