Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Victory Motorcycles, an Iowa-based American motorcycle company best known for making classic cruiser-style bikes, is ceasing production immediately. It had an 18-year run under corporate overlord Polaris.

Polaris, which owns Victory as well as the Indian and Slingshot motorcycle/powersport brands (and RZR and 4Wheel Parts stores), announced today in a press release that “Victory has struggled to establish the market share needed to succeed and be profitable.”

As a result, it’s getting axed. The brand had sold “nearly 60” motorcycle models in 18 years, mostly cruisers, baggers and heavy touring bikes and one very expensive electric upright sport bike called the Empulse TT.

rest of the story here: http://lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/victory-motorcycles-is-shutting-down-1790986860
Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
RIP Victory...but whait, what if Trump gives a call to Polaris CEO. :gossip:

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I owned a 2009 Jackpot a few years ago and I was really looking forward to purchasing another bike from Victory. Guess I'll have to look for a used model in the future.

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
They bought Indian and are concentrating on them.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Glad I bought a new Norton

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Rode a few models at the local dealers ride event, but they never did it for me.

Now the Indian Scout. Wow! Loved that but a bit on the small side. Ended up getting a Moto Guzzi California Custom.

Found the Victory bikes overpriced as well. Indian is actually more so but they've got a bit of a premium brand to the name.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Having owned a Harley for a number of years and riding with many Victory owners, the ONLY good thing about them was the more powerful engine. Powdercoating of the same color - say... "black" - was a different shade of black often with differing textures across different parts. Paint was about as good as my Mustang's (aka, garbage). The aftermarket was flooded with rejects of the Harley world, individuals and shops who got a bad name among HD owners and went clawing for a new way to make money. Or flooded with big multi-brand bike shops that ignored Victory as much as they could.

Riding positions, aforementioned and other area fit and finish, and just the cheesiness of many of their models made them unappealing to Harley people and, because Victory was constantly branded as an alternative American cruiser company, the Japanese-copy cat obsessed bike buyers didn't really flock to Victory. They wanted Japanese bikes because Harley's apparently only leak oil and break down (um... maybe in the 80s).

Being someone who loves fast, upgraded, purse-free cruiser bikes (mine was a Dyna Street Bob with a Stage 3" 103" high compression setup with upgraded suspension and 14" fat bars), I wanted NOTHING Victory had to offer. Indian will fail, too. They are far too expensive. Perhaps they will expand the model line... but... I truly believe there is only room for one true American cruiser company. The rest are Japanese, cheaper alternatives.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
LOL Indian too expensive? Have you seen the price of CVO models these days? I can buy a damn good car for the prices HD wants. I put 10K on my Jackpot before I had to sell it and it never gave me any issues. Paint was flawless, motor never once had any hiccups. The reason I went with Victory was because HD just looks old. Until the last year or two they haven't updated any of their models to discern them from any other HD from the last 20 years. And don't get me started on how long it took them to get fuel injected motors in their entire lineup.

Oh, and Victory "was" the only bike completely built in America with only American parts. RIP.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bubbachunks

Forever Ford!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Millenium Falcon
Don't forget Triumph.
I have a Speedmaster and love it.
The Thunderbirds are nice and the Rocket III is a beast!

Ricketts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Was a shame to hear. Great bikes, my Dad has a 06 Vegas with little over 70k on it and nothing but good things to say.

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
LOL Indian too expensive? Have you seen the price of CVO models these days? I can buy a damn good car for the prices HD wants. I put 10K on my Jackpot before I had to sell it and it never gave me any issues. Paint was flawless, motor never once had any hiccups. The reason I went with Victory was because HD just looks old. Until the last year or two they haven't updated any of their models to discern them from any other HD from the last 20 years. And don't get me started on how long it took them to get fuel injected motors in their entire lineup.

Oh, and Victory "was" the only bike completely built in America with only American parts. RIP.
Using CVO as an excuse it laughable. Essentially comparing a GT-500 to a regular Mustang GT.
Sponsored