Sponsored

Getting in shape

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
I've been at the same weight for about 6 months now. It took 7-8 months to get the 25lbs I gained from when I started.
Have you changed your daily base caloric needs? Since you added weight, your base needs to sustain your current weight has gone up. You'll need to calculate your new base caloric needs, then add a surplus to that.
Sponsored

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
I have a real hard time gaining any mass. The more I eat the more I go to the bathroom. January 2014 I weighed 148lbs @ 6' tall and thanks to a very rigorous workout plan at the gym and a modified diet plus protein supplementation I barely managed to gain 25lbs over about 7-8 months and I've hit a brick wall since then. I've switched from simple whey isolate to mass gainers(Optimum Nutrition Pro Mass Gain) and switched a few things with my workout routine but I'm still right around 173-175lbs.

Unfortunately I bought a new house that's about 30-40 minutes from the gym we've been using so we are going to switch to another gym but life has been getting in the way of getting back to my workout regimen so I've only been able to workout at home.

You can try using whey isolate + dextrose and/or maltodextrin instead of mass gainers. it'll work out to be cheaper.

Also, this is obviously subject to your sensitive stomach but try increasing your intake of healthy fats. Olive oil is definitely a good place to start.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Also, this is obviously subject to your sensitive stomach but try increasing your intake of healthy fats. Olive oil is definitely a good place to start.
Kerrygold butter, coconut oil, ghee, raw milk cheese (if you can tolerate it)...These are all great fats. I also love olives!

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
Kerrygold butter, coconut oil, ghee, raw milk cheese (if you can tolerate it)...These are all great fats. I also love olives!
MCT oil is supposed to be the be all end all. Liquid coconut oil is 70% MCT I believe and tastes amazing

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
MCT oil is supposed to be the be all end all. Liquid coconut oil is 70% MCT I believe and tastes amazing
Yep. I like both. If you just start taking MCT, go easy or you better be near a bathroom and it better be damn close....:lol:

After a few days, your body will adjust. I prefer coconut oil as I get this from tropical traditions. Very, very pure and uses old school farming techniques.

http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/virgin_coconut_oil.htm#Buy-Gold-Label-Virgin-Coconut-Oil

Sponsored

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
I do crossfit, MMA, BJJ. Keeps me in great shape and as a bonus its awesome self defense.
This is my gym, check it out.

WWW.fitnessedgemma.com

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Probiotics help out ALOT. Especially if you're eating very large meals to bulk. You may wanna get some Digestive Enzymes to help digest all that food, or else you'll run into acid reflux (trust me, you DO NOT WANT THAT)

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Probiotics help out ALOT. Especially if you're eating very large meals to bulk. You may wanna get some Digestive Enzymes to help digest all that food, or else you'll run into acid reflux (trust me, you DO NOT WANT THAT)
Everyone should take them. They got me off prilosec and a host of othe PPI's which is terrible for the body.
Muscletech makes an iso whey protien powder that contains digestive enzymes, pretty good stuff. I liked it just as much as i did Optimum Nutrition hydro whey(which cost almost double)

Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I spent most of the winter on my butt, now I'm getting back into the rhythm of running almost every day. Did a 5 mile race a couple of weeks ago and am starting to feel like I'm in half-decent condition again.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Doc says I need to lose 20#, I figure why not 30 while I'm at it. I lifted a lot back in my 20s (no 'roids) and still have most of the bulk mid-torso and up.

I haven't hit the magic combo as far as diet and exercise lately, but just fanatically manicuring my 1-acre, wooded property isn't doing it. It's hard to find the time. During the winter I do the stationary bike thing and kettlebells other than moving snow, and had dropped a couple belt notches doing so a couple of years back. It didn't stick though,

Being 50 with an intermittently bum knee doesn't help, not to mention I like beer (the cause of the different bulk mid-torso to the waist).....

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
I spent most of the winter on my butt, now I'm getting back into the rhythm of running almost every day. Did a 5 mile race a couple of weeks ago and am starting to feel like I'm in half-decent condition again.
I took 4 months off running due to deployment and man was it hard to get back in the groove.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I took 4 months off running due to deployment and man was it hard to get back in the groove.
I guess that depends on where you're deployed to and what your job is. I was deployed to Kuwait as a flight engineer in summer of '05, did lots of running, and managed to do a marathon the day before the Freedom Bird took me home. Four laps around the 6.5 mile perimeter road, started at midnight when the temp was down to 100F, finished at 0405 in the morning. I never would have made it if I hadn't had good friends from my squadron coming out to cheer for me and hand me water and Gatorade bottles as I jogged by.

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
I guess that depends on where you're deployed to and what your job is. I was deployed to Kuwait as a flight engineer in summer of '05, did lots of running, and managed to do a marathon the day before the Freedom Bird took me home. Four laps around the 6.5 mile perimeter road, started at midnight when the temp was down to 100F, finished at 0405 in the morning. I never would have made it if I hadn't had good friends from my squadron coming out to cheer for me and hand me water and Gatorade bottles as I jogged by.
A ship. Treadmills are dangerous...
Sponsored