Sponsored

Cars & Coffee Catastrophy

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So, why is it that people who attend these events need to drive wreckless when leaving?

This was bound to happen sooner or later; these idiots keep setting bad examples and pretty soon no one (property owners or retail outlets) is going to want to sponsor any car events due to the liability.

What a shame for those injured:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/boise-idaho-car-plows-into-crowd-several-injured/
Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Yes, I also saw that come up on YouTube. Sad to see these events continue to be plagued with these accidents.

[ame]

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
People should definitely not drive like that leaving a car show of any kind. But people should also not be standing on the curb right next to the road encouraging them to do it either. It's a disaster waiting to happen, and it quite often does.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
That driver got out and walked away ..strange how a hand full of bystanders can induce people to burn rubber , race and other goofie stuff for in living color action , comedy and thrills .

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I attended a C&C last month, fun, the turnout was *massive*, but of course, about 30 minutes before the end, the idiot drivers + way-less-to-blame spectators were starting the create a situation that could lead to a disaster.

I pulled up to the main road from the parking lot, rev'ed it up good and loud ... crept out _super_ slow, hahahaha, I think I got some boos :D

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Many people have more money than brains. Your average person lacks the experience to adequately respect and thus safely handle a high horsepower car. Just because you have the money to buy one doesn't mean you are prepared for it. Anyone who has driven these cars in a performance environment intimately understands what can happen if you do dumb things like burnouts near a crowd, or at the very least will know how to do it without losing control and killing someone.

Sway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt (Oxford White)
Better a Porsche then a mustang, I know everyone's thinking it.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Many people have more money than brains. Your average person lacks the experience to adequately respect and thus safely handle a high horsepower car. Just because you have the money to buy one doesn't mean you are prepared for it. Anyone who has driven these cars in a performance environment intimately understands what can happen if you do dumb things like burnouts near a crowd, or at the very least will know how to do it without losing control and killing someone.
I would bet a lot of the time it is the first time people are getting on these things and freak out when they lose control or don't understand how the car will act.

I would always blame the crowd as well, people know what happens at the end of these events and line up to see it. People will set up professional equipment to get that YouTube video as well because they know what takes place. But then they act surprised and cry when people get hit....

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Traction and stability control. Leave it on and you wont kill or injure people. And lay off the go pedal and act like an adult. SMH

Last edited: