OPT7 & Coplus sequential front indicators/DRL

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Hi there

Has anyone tried these yet:
http://www.opt-7.com/2015-2017-mustang-led-turn-signals-with-switchback-sequential/

I see some EU cars running the OPT7 without issue, but they are EU cars so maybe that is why. Not seen a RHD car yet.

I know the Coplus has being modified to work by John77 from France:
http://www.coplusinc.jp/ford-mustang-2015

Just wondering if anyone had tried the OPT7 yet as rumour was they will work fine as indicators in sequential mode with no modification but you'd lose the DRL.
I spoke to Opt7 and they said they're not compatible with RHD cars and have no plans to make them compatible.
Sponsored

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
they're not compatible with the uk at all at the moment without adding a few resistors and chopping a few wires.
i've been speaking to them and they're apparently going to work on an eu version and send me some prototypes to test whether that actually happens or not is a different story all together
Really? because i spoke to Opt7 and they said no plans to support anything outside of the USA right now.

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
Ouch!

I will speak direct to them in Taiwan or get my Taiwanese office to get in touch with them see what pricing they can do direct and I'll get them sent over on one of the many OcUK shipments. :D
Hehe. If it wouldn't work out with your Taiwan office, we do offer a multiple purchase discount. We could do like: get a supercharger and a set of forged wheels and we'll throw the CoPlus lights in for free :) :) :)

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hehe. If it wouldn't work out with your Taiwan office, we do offer a multiple purchase discount. We could do like: get a supercharger and a set of forged wheels and we'll throw the CoPlus lights in for free :) :) :)

Well let us know best price you can offer buddy please? Can you do around £200 ish delivered?

Coplus have got in touch, are happy to sell to me direct, they offered the following:

1 unit: $250 delivered (of course tax man will add his bit), I estimate around £245 landed in UK once tax man has added his bit on.

35 units: (All they have in stock): $155, plus $200 handling fee

As such If I take these under my company it would be:

$162 / 1.20 (we use much lower rates internally) = £135.00, the company will want at least 12% for essentially paying up front and then taking the risk on the stock.

That is £151.20 +VAT which makes them £182 each.

This is basing on not being stung by any other charges like shipping on bulk amount etc.

I am sure even if there is a shipping fee they would still be under £200.

If enough people are interested at under £200 please reply stating so and I will get the company to buy the 35 units, otherwise I shall see what Mustang musthaves can sort for me or I shall just buy the one unit for myself direct.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=14834]John577[/MENTION] how do the Coplus lights SPEED of indicating, match with the diode dynamics ones? I've got my DD ones now to blink (a full set) in the same period as the stock indicator does, but there were some rumours these are a little faster?

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
[MENTION=14834]John577[/MENTION] how do the Coplus lights SPEED of indicating, match with the diode dynamics ones? I've got my DD ones now to blink (a full set) in the same period as the stock indicator does, but there were some rumours these are a little faster?
The speed should be the same but as I've not connected DD's blinkers, I can't really confirm this point...

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
Can't upload it here now cause I'm on a phone, but send you the video of them both indicating together on Facebook.

edit: yes, they do indicate together

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Can't upload it here now cause I'm on a phone, but send you the video of them both indicating together on Facebook.

edit: yes, they do indicate together
[MENTION=14834]John577[/MENTION] Yep confirmed in PM on FB with PJ - Sequences at the same rate :thumbsup:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes please for me Gibs, Cheers :thumbsup:
Chatting with [MENTION=21881]MustangMustHaves[/MENTION] as it makes far more sense for him to bring them in and offer a group buy.

As Overclockers UK does not really sell car stuff. ;)

I've passed all the contact and emails I got from them, to see what deal he can arrange with Coplus, but I think many here would be up for a group buy?

So far:
- Myself
- Mac
- RobMj
- Manders?
- Centurion?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Chatting with @MustangMustHaves as it makes far more sense for him to bring them in and offer a group buy.

As Overclockers UK does not really sell car stuff. ;)

I've passed all the contact and emails I got from them, to see what deal he can arrange with Coplus, but I think many here would be up for a group buy?

So far:
- Myself
- Mac
- RobMj
- Manders?
- Centurion?
40% yes 60% no for me at the moment. Got to spend cash on tinting the rears lol... and as you said, more flashy lights :lol:!

sheps5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 2015 GT
Would certainly like to have these but after all the issues I've had with the pro led switchbacks I don't really want to be forking out 200 quid on something that doesn't work properly.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Would certainly like to have these but after all the issues I've had with the pro led switchbacks I don't really want to be forking out 200 quid on something that doesn't work properly.
Not switchbacks. These are sequential indicators with a teeny why block on the side for the sidelight.

Whether they last like the switchbacks, nobody knows :lol:
Sponsored