RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
Any updates on this?

Cant let this thread get lost lol
Unfortunately no wheels, no good weather and no updates.

My apologies...

Dominate1? Anything?
Sponsored

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
My Comps are in!

Did the billet OPG and CS at the same time along with ARP fasteners. But, ARP kit no 156-1006 will not work in S550 Coyote engines -
exhaust side cam phasers are left-hand threaded but the ARP kit is right-hand threaded...

Runs OK - still tweaking the tune but almost there. MAF readings are impressive ~55 lb/min - but there is a hole down low.
Once it gets over 5 grand it pulls like a raped ape. I will address "the lag" later with some 4.09 gears - not going to buy a lose
converter because it's my DD.

Definitely you will lose some drive-ability down low - fuel consumption is also affected. I might consider going back to stock cams but not now.

Did everything myself - 3 days of hard work :eyebulge:

Last edited:

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
My comp stage 3's are in route for delivery today. You have regrets on the setup for a DD?

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I will give it a second chance until the tune it's completely dialed in - the hole down low is a bit irritating - I will try 4.09 gears first and see how the whole combo works.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately no wheels, no good weather and no updates.

My apologies...

Dominate1? Anything?
Car ran in the 11's with a 1.8 60ft and me spinning my 62lb each dr's and street wheels...there's more in it from me-( driver mod) and a rear drag set up with lighter wheel/tire..combo. Its been hot as hell so have not been back to the track...

Sponsored

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car ran in the 11's with a 1.8 60ft and me spinning my 62lb each dr's and street wheels...there's more in it from me-( driver mod) and a rear drag set up with lighter wheel/tire..combo. Its been hot as hell so have not been back to the track...

My update is wheels and tires on in. Dominant1, you are exacly correct, my PP wheels weighed 62.5-63.5. My new setup is 54.5 for fronts and 56.5 for the rears. A loss of 7 lbs on each corner. This may help a little?

Wouldn't be a good update without pics:
Drag Radial.jpg
Drag Radial 13.5.jpg
Setup.jpg
6GR.jpg

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=28009]Evil 5.0[/MENTION] looking great!! How's your setup feeling down low? FLP is going to be doing my build next month when I get my ride up there (6 hour drive). And I have pretty much the exact same parts list as you

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=28009]Evil 5.0[/MENTION] looking great!! How's your setup feeling down low? FLP is going to be doing my build next month when I get my ride up there (6 hour drive). And I have pretty much the exact same parts list as you
I have no loss issues down low. I believe the difference is auto vs manual. Auto's tend to have a harder time with big cams setups.

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
Makes sense! Sadly I don't have deep enough pockets to keep up with you on your wheel and tire setup too, as bad as I'd like to. I envy your setup dude. Let me know how they work out for you

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Makes sense! Sadly I don't have deep enough pockets to keep up with you on your wheel and tire setup too, as bad as I'd like to. I envy your setup dude. Let me know how they work out for you
Thank you for the compliment! I will keep everyone updated. These are the S/S radials with a stick... so it is not the best choice for ET, but it will look stealthy..... I can't wait to see how it 60fts with this combo. Still the stock clutch so if I come out around 4K and ride it out, it may not last, so I'm preparing for a RST possibly in the future.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Evil 5.0 looking great!! How's your setup feeling down low? FLP is going to be doing my build next month when I get my ride up there (6 hour drive). And I have pretty much the exact same parts list as you
Now let me do a better response, I have lost low end according to the attached dyno sheet. Do I notice it driving around, NO. I have not had a chance to go all out at the track, but I doubt it will make a difference there.
430 VS 525.JPG

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
That looks plenty manageable...I'm going to have a McLeod billet flywheel and RST installed at the same time as the rest of the build.

86merc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Once it gets over 5 grand it pulls like a raped ape. I will address "the lag" later with some 4.09 gears - not going to buy a lose
converter because it's my DD.
Why not run a higher stall converter? Don't be afraid of them. The Circle D converters are great driving around town. They are not the super loose, non lock-up converters your dad grew up with. They are pretty tight until you put your foot into the gas. Then it stalls right up there. The converter is locked in second gear. So once that happens it drives like a stock converter. I love daily driving my stalled auto. It's a blast. :headbang:

The converter will benefit you more than the ring and pinion will. The trans has plenty of gearing available. So you will benefit from a better ' but not kill mpg on the highway.

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Why not run a higher stall converter? Don't be afraid of them. The Circle D converters are great driving around town. They are not the super loose, non lock-up converters your dad grew up with. They are pretty tight until you put your foot into the gas. Then it stalls right up there. The converter is locked in second gear. So once that happens it drives like a stock converter. I love daily driving my stalled auto. It's a blast. :headbang:

The converter will benefit you more than the ring and pinion will. The trans has plenty of gearing available. So you will benefit from a better ' but not kill mpg on the highway.
OK dad :cheers:

Does it works in snow as well? :eyebulge:

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
OK dad :cheers:

Does it works in snow as well? :eyebulge:
If you are driving in snow id dare say stock gears would be better than 4.09s and most importantly BUY SNOW TIRES!

I drove my 5.0 all year last winter with 3.55 gears and nokian hakkapellitta tires.

Easily the best money i have ever spent on tires they were worth their weight in gold and i hope to never go through a winter again without snow tires.
Sponsored