Sponsored

Picking up New GT350 this week....A few questions

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
Hi Everyone,

The search is over and I am finally picking up my new GT350 this week!!

I have been searching the forums and found a couple of old threads on dealer prep. The dealership I am working with is 100% letting me give the instructions which is awesome so I am wondering what they should be doing that I can't. For instance I know they can do the fluid checks and all things of that nature. I am also going to have them check the front splitter thanks to one of the threads on here. I will do my own washing and waxing as well as sticker removal and of course NO dealer stickers or plates of any kind.....lol. Am I missing anything?

Also, they have the new mats and car cover in a box tucked away in the back. For those who have gotten their 2017's can you tell me what else I should be getting?

Pictures to follow of course once she is home!

Much appreciated!!!

Thanks!!
:thumbsup:
Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I picked up my 2017 a little over two weeks ago. I also told the dealership no dealership stickers or logos on the car. They honored that. The only extra items were the floor mats already in place in the car. Not much else to taking delivery for me.
I've read about a free oil filter and oil filter wrench that is going to be mailed to current owners. This just came out last week along with a new supplement for the owner's manual about oil changes/consumption/level checks.
You may want to check on the free stuff and see if they have it for you instead of mailing it. If you call them maybe they can get it before you take delivery.
Congrats on getting a great car.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Congratulations and Happy Delivery Day!!!!

Sounds like you've hit all the right notes. About all I'd add is that if it's an "R" they should remove the spring spacers.

I did the same thing with having them leave all the stickers in place, then when I removed them, I had everything laminated for safe keeping with all my other docs.

Welcome to the family and enjoy your new toy!!!

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
All my dealer did at my request was anything PDI related that they're required to do and the splitter. I drove it home with plastic all over it and detailed it the next day.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself