Sponsored

MT82 Issue. 3rd gear gone. What options do I have?

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base PP Recaros
Just got my car back after snapping the axles and bending the driveshaft. All new drive shaft and axles installed.

Drove it around for about 5 min, got it up to temp, then ripped threw 1st, 2nd, and went for third it made a sound like I missed the gear. So I pulled it out of third, put in 4th... wouldn't go, then put into 5th it grabbed. As it's rolling I hear the sounds of like loose marbles in the transmission. Great.

Looks like this mt82 is toast.

What options do we have?

Through another used stock one in?
Built mt82?
gt500 transmission?
Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
At my own peril: stop beating the fuck out of it. Try that.
At my own as well, but no shit! You should not be breaking this much stuff at even your power level.

OP
OP

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At my own as well, but no shit! You should not be breaking this much stuff at even your power level.
yeah for n/a, this sucks.

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
I tried to find where in his signature mod list he had a SC and crazy amounts of power to account for this, but with only the slight increase over stock, yeah, this sounds like a case of fixing the nut between the wheel and the seat.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tried to find where in his signature mod list he had a SC and crazy amounts of power to account for this, but with only the slight increase over stock, yeah, this sounds like a case of fixing the nut between the wheel and the seat.
LOL. Maybe.

I've been driving and racing mustangs for over 15 years. This is the first time ever, I've broken axles and a transmission. I've had supercharged cars with over 600 rwhp.

Oh and I'm on the stock pirelli's right now.. so it's not like it could have just broken the tires loose first.. crazy.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
So you broke the axles, driveshaft, AND transmission at the same time?

OP
OP

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you broke the axles, driveshaft, AND transmission at the same time?
No. I went to the track last month. Snapped the ds800 axles and stock drive shaft bent. DSS sent me new axles and a new aluminum 1 pc drive shaft. Got it all put back together and drove it today. Drove around and then this happen.

Part of me thinks something was weakened in the transmission from that launch last week. Shifting into third on stock pirelli's should haven't done that.

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
There is one for sale in the engine section for 1000 bucks. Don't think you can beat that price.

Sponsored

RYAN97812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
Mine is for sale also, 4300 miles and all original, trans clutch shifter and driveshaft. did clutch, tremec, sc, header, fuel system etc all at once.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
I have a broken one I will sell you...
Seriously..It took me a while to break one and I am in the power range to do it. I also have the RXT which supposedly helps the break process. You have the RST which should provide some "give" as well as under 500hp. It has the be the way you hammer the gears. Put another in it and learn to lift , then shift.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Get better tires, and send the transmission to Ben Calimer.

revtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Its already been said so I won't pile on.
If you are going to keep driving it like you stole it then pony up the cash for bulletproof parts.
I did the same thing with a mid 90s Camaro. It was not a daily but the rev limiter got a workout every time I drove it. After several transmission and rear end failures I bit the bullet and had Rossler build a TH400 and Strange a 12 bolt with spool. Zero driveline failures after that, no matter what I did.
Sponsored