Sponsored

anybody regret changing the stock shifter?

OP
OP

mulage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Black, w/ Performance Pack
which options on the MGW did you guys go with? i'm thinking standard model with shorter handle option.

anyone have the Xspec model?
Sponsored

MoneyPit#53

Sheeple Shepherd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0
I had a MGW in my last S550 and loved it. I chose to try out the Blowfish bracket this time around. Honestly, the blowfish is just as precise and accurate in shifts as the MGW was. Only difference is the MGW throws were a tad shorter. NVH is not as bad as people say with the BF bracket either. I would compare it to the MGW as well. For the price, the BF bracket can't be beat in my opinion.

-Nick

Lbdyll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
which options on the MGW did you guys go with? i'm thinking standard model with shorter handle option.

anyone have the Xspec model?
I bought the Xspec with the standard handle. I haven't installed it yet. But it is a thing of beauty. Sucks I have to hide it under the car. I realize this is no help sorry

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
I decided on the Steeda, no wait-I decided on the Barton, no wait-I decided on the MGW ..... repeat.

I finally decided on the MGW, even though I think they're all excellent alternatives to stock. I was worried about the push-down reverse lockout, but it is perfectly natural now. I recently installed a PP2, and the combination is awesome.

Sponsored

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Holman Moody Mustang
The MGW seems to be the solid choice here. How does it compare to the Ford Performance one? I have that one and really like it. Anyone try both?

OP
OP

mulage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Black, w/ Performance Pack
The MGW seems to be the solid choice here. How does it compare to the Ford Performance one? I have that one and really like it. Anyone try both?

so you have the ford performance one? did that front solid bushing add any NVH?

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Holman Moody Mustang
so you have the ford performance one? did that front solid bushing add any NVH?
Not really, no. I made a lot of changes at the same time though, like S/C, exhaust, remove sound tube etc etc etc. It feels and shifts great, but Ive never tried the mgw one...

jashton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My Barton has been amazing. It's the only shifter that gives you the option between trans/body mount and it also retains the pull up collar, which I wanted.

Here's a few videos I made with the Barton:
[ame]
[ame]

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
My perspective is coming from multiple previous Mustangs ('92, '03, '04) all that had aftermarket shifters and so far I don't hate the stock shifter in my 2015. Could the throws be a tad shorter? Sure, but it's so easy to flick between gears as is.
Agreed.

I have yet to miss a shift with the stocker, which is amazing. Throws could sure be shorter, but meh.

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
I literally changed my mind on a daily basis before deciding. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. I decided on the MGW because the local speed shop has a lot of experience installing them, so I was confident it would get installed correctly. Twenty years ago I would have done it myself, but my back isn't up to that kind of work anymore.
Sponsored