Sponsored

Anthony's "Track Cr"

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I've been meaning to write up a review and build list for my car and now that it's fixed I have the time to do so.

BMR sway bars
BMR cradle lockout
BMR LCA bearing
BMR toe links
BMR vertical links
BMR end links
Ford racing toe bearing
GT350R springs
Steeda Adjustable Camber Arm
Steeda Billet Shock Mounts
JM camber plates
SPL camber bolts
MGW shifter
AP BBK Kit
Ferodo DSUNO pads
Ferodo DS2500 rear pads
Speigler SS brake lines
Torque RT700
Volk Racing TE37 19x10.5
Bridgestone RE71R 305/30/19
Resonator delete
Zl1 tow hooks
Amsoil air intake filter
Amsoil Oil, Trans and Diff Fluid
Ford racing catch cans
Custom Alignment

When I bought this car I did so because it had enough power where the motor didn't need to be touched. However the suspension needed help. The biggest gripe I had was how much the car rolled. The sway bars were too soft and the suspension was too soft as well. Luckily the R springs fit the bill perfectly. They are stiffer, more linear and don't drop the car much if at all.

I set the BMR sways to middle up front and soft out back. Hands down the sway bars and the springs made the biggest difference on this car at the track. The car is very neutral but I can get it to power oversteer on demand.

After my last trackday the alignment was spot on. Even tire temps and even tire wear. Camber on the rear is perfect as well. Which makes me think that I would have been ok with Steedas aluminum non adjustable arms if they were out when I bought the adjustable ones.

Temps have been in check with no signs of overheating at all, even in 105F weather.

Overall the brakes have been my favorite part. While oem were good, aftermarket pads are still sparse, pad changes are awful and dust boots still fry.

With the AP setup I have been able to brake much later and harder without an issue. Pad changes take about 30 seconds and the pad options I have are limitless.

My future plans is to do the front LCA bearing once I see what BMR and Steeda offer. I know Cortex has one but I'm not in a huge rush.

After having my motor snap an intake valve I'm apprehensive to modify this motor at all.

Here are the Steeda arms, they come with Allen bolts that only go into the arm about 6mm or so, so I ended up putting in longer bolts since it's tapped all the way anyway.
33607761745_0f7ded0cc7_z_d.jpg

Here's a shot of a few of the parts on the rear.
33451154352_46c4f9bf0b_z_d.jpg

AP kit
32765037434_52ba640bc9_z_d.jpg

33460196285_93e5cc9208_z_d.jpg

33607761095_9cef64185a_z_d.jpg

33607760685_8bf199e22f_z_d.jpg

33607761885_0d672b5d40_z_d.jpg

Alignment specs
32793883173_0f7ded0cc7_z_d.jpg
IMG_6779.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Time to change that avatar picture. And dang switching out the brakes for even better brakes. Btw, are you close to the times you were doing in the Evo?

I've never been into the awd 4 banger turbo cars, but curious to know if the GT350 has eclipsed its times yet, or if its still far off.

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the write up man. I've been curious of your build based on some of your previous posts. Looking to do something similar.

OP
OP
xXANCHORMONXx

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Thanks for the write up man. I've been curious of your build based on some of your previous posts. Looking to do something similar.
I've learned the hard way and understand how this is all a system. Doing all of the suspension first and getting it dialed in gives me a good platform to add aero and power if I choose to!

Sponsored

OP
OP
xXANCHORMONXx

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Time to change that avatar picture. And dang switching out the brakes for even better brakes. Btw, are you close to the times you were doing in the Evo?

I've never been into the awd 4 banger turbo cars, but curious to know if the GT350 has eclipsed its times yet, or if its still far off.
The Evo was fully built top to bottom built and stroked 2.3L, built trans, built tcase with wavetrac lsd and diff with wavetrac lsd. It was widebodied to run 295s square with a chassis mounted splitter and chassis mounted spoiler. It made 450awhp and was a blast but it always had problems.

If it wasn't a boost leak it was a power steering issue etc.

I was able to match the times of my Evo in my previous 15 EB which had a Borg Warner making well over 430whp. It was the same issues as well. Boost leaks, heat soak and more. It was never consistent.

With my Shelby as it sits I'm 4-5 seconds faster than both of those cars at the track. It's so easy to push and does everything really well.

My dream car was always a 911 GT3RS but after driving one after owning this car I don't think I want it. It's an amazing machine.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Nice list of mods. I haven't had to do a pad change yet, but I once I do I may have a very hard time holding off on the AP brake kit. They make a great product.

What happened to your number? Hopefully it flew off due to extremely high speeds, and not after getting rubbed against a tire barrier or similar.

-T

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Anthony have you taken your car to Sonoma? What times are you running in the sports car config?

OP
OP
xXANCHORMONXx

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Anthony have you taken your car to Sonoma? What times are you running in the sports car config?
I've never been actually, it's on my list this year.

I'm right at a sub 2 at buttonwillow.

Sponsored
OP
OP
xXANCHORMONXx

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Nice list of mods. I haven't had to do a pad change yet, but I once I do I may have a very hard time holding off on the AP brake kit. They make a great product.

What happened to your number? Hopefully it flew off due to extremely high speeds, and not after getting rubbed against a tire barrier or similar.

-T
Yeah these brakes are simply amazing.

I was passing passing two cars on the main straight and these guys didn't know which way to go so I passed in between and one flew off. Those things aren't cheap, 40 bucks to replace!

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Looking awesome Anthony!
So glad you got your car back and are happy with the engine swap. Great talking/texting with you on the phone. Keep up the great work!

OP
OP
xXANCHORMONXx

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Looking awesome Anthony!
So glad you got your car back and are happy with the engine swap. Great talking/texting with you on the phone. Keep up the great work!
Thanks Scott, I appreciate all of your input and knowledge!
Sponsored