Sponsored

Shelby GT350 Mustang Owners File New Class Action Lawsuit Against Ford for Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-FORCE

PATRIOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
MANY
It specifies in the owners manual that coolers may be required for tech cars.
Yes FORD knows the tech cars need coolers for heavy use, so do the consumers.That is why the R came with them. This is just a chicken shit frivolous attempt to blame an O.E. M. for the consumer making the wrong purchase decision. Mine has gone into limp once, and FORD owes me nothing.
Sponsored

G-FORCE

PATRIOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
MANY
Well, kinda, we treat it like a track. 90 degree day, US 129 (Deals Gap) back to back runs across the mountain. Probably needed to stop and let me cool too!

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
The Attys need to add to the suit:
##. Ford manufactured, transported and delivered to Class members vehicles equipped with transmission temperature sensors HOWEVER, UNEXPLAINABLY, vehicles were programmed NOT to display transmission temps.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Lots of hyperbole in that filing.

I don't have a tech, so unfamiliar with the parameters of limp mode, but doesn't it merely reduce the max available rpm to around 4,500 or so? I would think that depending on the gear that the driver selects when the car experiences limp mode, it would still be possible to operate the vehicle at all legal speed limits. As for available power within that reduced rpm range, it likely exceeds the full power of many common vehicles.

I guess this will all come out as the suit is litigated.

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
Hitting limp mode on the street is a problem and something that needs to be addressed as part of this suit. Very dangerous indeed.
It's covered in the non track situations, and highway.
Both firms have Class Action experience and should have no problem getting certified by the Court.

cam2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Ford, GM, Porsche, etc. build and market certain models that are considered "performance" cars that are 100% street legal and EPA compliant, GT350/R, Z06, GT3. They are NOT selling you a full blown, track dedicated, competition race car. There are many caught up in the hype who elect to believe or have been led to believe otherwise.

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
My Boss 302 manual said I needed brake cooling ducts, transmission scoop, and DOT 4 fluid for track use. That was marketed as a track car too. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out. I would think that it won't amount to much, as Ford's attorneys probably wrote the manual.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I bought the car knowing that it could overheat at the track, I was not comfortable in the Recaro seats and wanted the nicer head unit. My wife and I wanted a car that we could take road trips in and this seemed like a great fit for that. I told her that if after it's paid off, and I want to race, I'll add the necessary coolers. Now if the car goes into limp mode on the street, I will loose confidence in it and be real pissed. Those of you who hit limp mode on the streets, what were the conditions? Lots of traffic?
Probably triple digit speeds I would think. The RPM ranges that some a saying the limp mode kicked in would suggest either lugging the engine in a higher gear or hauling ass in a lower gear. Because last time a checked 5k in second or third gear you are moving.

cam2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
My Boss 302 manual said I needed brake cooling ducts, transmission scoop, and DOT 4 fluid for track use. That was marketed as a track car too. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out. I would think that it won't amount to much, as Ford's attorneys probably wrote the manual.
It is going nowhere and it will take FOREVER. You did not buy a race car, you purchased a vehicle that is primarily configured for street use. These are street driven passenger cars whether their owners know it or not or like it or not.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
It is going nowhere and it will take FOREVER. You did not buy a race car, you purchased a vehicle that is primarily configured for street use. These are street driven passenger cars whether their owners know it or not or like it or not.
It's really rather simple. Ford's language used in their documentation for the vehicle clearly states that the base and tech cars need coolers for tack. The law suit should be aimed at individual dealers and their sales people not Ford. Ford's is rather clear in the language used and which is why I ordered a TP.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
One could argue the safety issues presented by limp mode occurring on public streets & highways might speed things up a bit.

cam2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
One could argue the safety issues presented by limp mode occurring on public streets & highways might speed things up a bit.
Yeah, so then it takes five years rather than seven. 95% of the current GT350 owners will have sold these cars and moved on too the next hot rod.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.