Sponsored

Shelby GT350 Mustang Owners File New Class Action Lawsuit Against Ford for Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
No. This ain't rocket science. A stock old Mustang GT doesn't have a trans temp sensor. For those of you who think your trans is going to vaporize at 250 degrees, you are looking at this all wrong in my opinion. Any mustang with this kind of power and without a trans cooler - whether it's a fox body or whatever - is going to have some insane trans temps if driven hard at the track. It's physics. Fortunately most have no idea what the temps are so and there is no nanny to "protect" the fluid - so you just run the car. Have you or anyone else tried pulling temp sensor or otherwise programming around it? Run it at 350 degrees - I bet you it works just fine. How many laps will that give you? Change the fluid every event and drive on. Just sayin.

My point about the Ford GT was simply that the POS couldn't run 3 laps because of engine temps. Did anyone complain about their $150,000 supercar. No. You know why I think that is? Because the guy that could afford a $100-300k GT understands personal responsibility or he/she wouldn't be able to afford it in the first place. The trans temp on a GT350 is a minor issue. In my opinion it does not help to encourage Ford to deliver awesome car choices to enthusiasts if they are going to get sued because the car is a bit too bad ass for the trans on track in stock form. Just like the book says it is. Keep this attitude up and we'll be driving Camaros with a slushbox lol.
The only thing I add is this, before buying I knew the tech pack was just that...not ment for the track. Just like all the other non cooler mustangs in the past. You NEED the coolers to run them. I think ford just kinda thought people knew this. They probably weren't expecting as many new ford buyers with this S550 mustang. This is what happens when they won over the BMW (etc) crowd. Next time make it a SRA and no fun to drive and no worries ford.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
People didn't get "really" angry until they saw the 17 come out including coolers...a bit of buyers remorse set in, as no one want's last years "crippled" (if you'd call it that, I don't) model. 90% of the people complaining that their car isn't going to go more than 25 mins on the track (longer than the duration of most DE sessions) aren't even going to take it to the track, IMO. People who are serious about going to the track didn't buy the tech car.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
^^ That said, if I had bought a tech, I'd want an upgrade, too...but I'd call it what it is - I want the latest thing and didn't want to miss it by a year....and likely pay extra for it, too.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
The lawsuit references "track ready" GT350. I don't see that posted anywhere by Ford. What I see is "track-capable". Huge difference between track ready and track capable....and in either case, there is no official definition of either one. They could mean it can do 1 lap with no problem.
Directly from the brochure. States "Track-Ready" not "capable". Other page states how they make this happen, including "Helping you stay glued to the track" which references GT350 not R.

2017-03-26_12-10-04.jpg
2017-03-26_12-11-44.jpg

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Like I said, there's no definition for track-ready or track-capable. I see people go to track days with what they consider "track-ready" and that works for them.

That first snippet is absolutely the R, anyway.

They get a little more specific in the below brochure.

Doesn't matter - everyone sees it differently (usually in the light that benefits them the most). Go read the comments on the Jalopnik blog about this - most readers who don't have a tech pack think this is suit over-the-top.
cooler.jpg

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
Like I said, there's no definition for track-ready or track-capable. I see people go to track days with what they consider "track-ready" and that works for them.

That first snippet is absolutely the R, anyway.

They get a little more specific in the below brochure.

Doesn't matter - everyone sees it differently (usually in the light that benefits them the most). Go read the comments on the Jalopnik blog about this - most readers who don't have a tech pack think this is suit over-the-top.
I definitely agree :thumbsup: I was just posting what I had seen based on reading through the lawsuit. Seems like the ground they are standing upon.

USMC0341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Every one is saying"should have bought the track model if you're using it on the track" Where is the "street model" the doesn't overheat on the freeway??

I never planned to drive this on the track just as a daily driver. Thats why I have bought a tech pack. So far I have hit limp mode driving in rush hour traffic when the outside temps are over 90, and once going to vegas. So far temps have been cool outside and I don't drive it when it's over 80. Since I turned on my temp via forscan I can see my temps continue to climb as I sit in traffic till I hit 296 then it hits limp mode. If my commute with traffic is over an hour and 90 degrees or warmer its guarantied to go into limp. This was a nice cool day in the 60's, temp continued to climb the whole drive...

So I just want to have a car I can drive on "THE STREET" in any weather, any time.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Every one is saying"should have bought the track model if you're using it on the track" Where is the "street model" the doesn't overheat on the freeway??

I never planned to drive this on the track just as a daily driver. Thats why I have bought a tech pack. So far I have hit limp mode driving in rush hour traffic when the outside temps are over 90, and once going to vegas. So far temps have been cool outside and I don't drive it when it's over 80. Since I turned on my temp via forscan I can see my temps continue to climb as I sit in traffic till I hit 296 then it hits limp mode. If my commute with traffic is over an hour and 90 degrees or warmer its guarantied to go into limp. This was a nice cool day in the 60's, temp continued to climb the whole drive...

So I just want to have a car I can drive on "THE STREET" in any weather, any time.
I'd say you have a valid concern. It's worth a trip to the dealer and if they cant resolve it - lemon it. Is it worth a suit?; probably not, IMO.

USMC0341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
I'd say you have a valid concern. It's worth a trip to the dealer and if they cant resolve it - lemon it. Is it worth a suit?; probably not, IMO.
Dealer has been great up to this point but unfortunately that is the only recourse I have left.:doh:

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
One good thing about Ford going to coolers on all 17s and 18s is that it will be easier to find the parts in the wrecked car market.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Absolutely the best post in this thread and one that any body who buys a performance oriented production line vehicle should read and fully understand as it cuts right to the core of the issues.

We live in a country where a lawyer is called if your 225 lb. daughter doesn't make the cheerleading squad or your Mustang talks back when you hammer the crap out of it. It's "awe poor me", "look what the corporate meanies did to me". The injured parties in this thread are enough to make you vomit. Ya wanna turn your street production car into a durable track car then man up and tighten it up. Nobody promised you a First On Raceday scenario and a solicitous lawyer isn't going to give you what you are whining about. Man up and just get over it. You class action morons are too stupid to see that you will get the equivalent of nothing while you destroy the resale value of the product you own. Really, really, stupid.

No offense but the resale value is already shit. You can't give away a base or Tech car.

Then there's the fact all of you know it alls seem to not comprehend.... These cars are going into limp mode on the street. So instead of coming on here telling everyone how stupid they are why don't you know what you're talking about. There are cars going into limp mode simply sitting in traffic on a 90 degree day. Mine went into limp mode on a 60ish degree day on the street with some very minimal spirited driving. I've owned allot of performance cars and have modded allot of them very heavily. I had no intention of modding this car, just wanted a nice cruiser that I could enjoy as it was and have a little fun in on occasion. I've said this over and over and apparently it's you guys with the reading comprehension issues. I went to the Track Attack program and beat the snot out of a Track Pack car. I don't expect my car to do that. The fact it won't even hang with a Mustang GT or an old clapped out Vette carving a few curves on a back road is unacceptable. If YOU are too stupid to understand that then just stop reading these threads and you'll be better off. I'm really tiered of hearing all of you self absorbed jackasses tell everyone you're right and they're wrong. Now all of this being said, I'm not suing anyone, I'm fixing my own car, I take full responsibility for what I bought, however I still believe it is slightly flawed and I am being forced to modify a car I didn't want to modify just to drive it on the street.

Oh yea, now to make everything I said okay, I'll say "Rant over".

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
No offense but the resale value is already shit. You can't give away a base or Tech car.

Then there's the fact all of you know it alls seem to not comprehend.... These cars are going into limp mode on the street. So instead of coming on here telling everyone how stupid they are why don't you know what you're talking about. There are cars going into limp mode simply sitting in traffic on a 90 degree day. Mine went into limp mode on a 60ish degree day on the street with some very minimal spirited driving. I've owned allot of performance cars and have modded allot of them very heavily. I had no intention of modding this car, just wanted a nice cruiser that I could enjoy as it was and have a little fun in on occasion. I've said this over and over and apparently it's you guys with the reading comprehension issues. I went to the Track Attack program and beat the snot out of a Track Pack car. I don't expect my car to do that. The fact it won't even hang with a Mustang GT or an old clapped out Vette carving a few curves on a back road is unacceptable. If YOU are too stupid to understand that then just stop reading these threads and you'll be better off. I'm really tiered of hearing all of you self absorbed jackasses tell everyone you're right and they're wrong. Now all of this being said, I'm not suing anyone, I'm fixing my own car, I take full responsibility for what I bought, however I still believe it is slightly flawed and I am being forced to modify a car I didn't want to modify just to drive it on the street.

Oh yea, now to make everything I said okay, I'll say "Rant over".
I know of one case of a Tech Pack going into limp mode on the street, he is a member on here and wrote about it. He had 3 passengers and was driving so reckless that the police came to his house THE NEXT DAY to investigate. He is a Canada owner with a Tech Pack.

bullittman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350 chassis 0387

Perhaps I missed this, your pic,assume it is your tech pack car, is showing a trans temp gauge ??? . Tech cars do not have that gauge ? Thanks

Secondtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350dib tech
You can change program on techs using forscan to show temp.Theres a large thread on this .
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.