Here's full session.

Couple surprises in the session

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Thanks for posting. I have never done a track day on a road course. I have done a few ovals, but no road courses. I plan on taking the GT350 as soon as I get 1000 miles. I know I have a lot of learning to do as far as track do's and don'ts. I noticed you had a few opportunities to pass with what looked liked plenty of room but you did not pass until waved on by the other drive. Only once or twice did you go without getting a wave and the wave may have been missed by me in the video. Guessing since it's not a race, this is a normal thing to do and a very safe way to pass?

OP
OP
16GT350

16GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Thanks for posting. I have never done a track day on a road course. I have done a few ovals, but no road courses. I plan on taking the GT350 as soon as I get 1000 miles. I know I have a lot of learning to do as far as track do's and don'ts. I noticed you had a few opportunities to pass with what looked liked plenty of room but you did not pass until waved on by the other drive. Only once or twice did you go without getting a wave and the wave may have been missed by me in the video. Guessing since it's not a race, this is a normal thing to do and a very safe way to pass?

You are correct. In most groups, you need a point by to pass. I also run in more advanced groups where a point by isn't required but is often given out of courtesy. In this video I was running in an intermediate group (to run with friends) that required point by and passing was only permitted on straights. You were also correct that the few where you didn't see the point by it wasn't visible in the video. There were a couple of times I didn't pass because the point by was given too far down the straight for me to complete the pass before the turn so I waived it off.

You will love this car on a road course - it's really amazing and capable of running with just about anything on track.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Great to see this car @ Road Atlanta. Nice speeds @ the back straight @ 146mph. It a great track and under the bridge take some balls to take it @ WOT.
Sponsored