Steeda Jacking Rails - do it :)

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I like mine as well BUT i wish they'be a little longer .
Sponsored

koopatroopa781

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue
Yep. Easy install. I just drove up on the race ramps and a half hour later, I was off the ramps again.

Great product from steeda and these rails make routine work much easier.
Tomster, what size race ramps are you using for your car? I'm thinking of purchasing a set for my GT350.

car crazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Question - why is this necessary? Are the pinch welds super weak? This is the first Mustang I've had. I've tracked a few of my cars and I always use dedicated track tires, pads, etc. I've placed the floor jack under the pinch weld 100's of times and I never had an issue on other cars. I've gone through multiple floor jacks (don't buy a craftsman aluminum racing jack) and I use a rubber puck on my floor jack pad. The pinch welds always outlast my floor jacks. I place jack stands under the sub frame connectors once jacked up and never had any issue with the pinch welds on other cars. Did Ford do something wrong with these pinch welds to make these jack rails necessary?

AndreiD

converted Ford fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2009 BMW X6 50i, 2012 BMW K1300R
Hello,

Can you tell us how much do these weigh (roughly) and how much more drop do they add (regarding the clearance)?

Thank you,

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP, 1986 Buick GN
Question - why is this necessary? Are the pinch welds super weak? This is the first Mustang I've had. I've tracked a few of my cars and I always use dedicated track tires, pads, etc. I've placed the floor jack under the pinch weld 100's of times and I never had an issue on other cars. I've gone through multiple floor jacks (don't buy a craftsman aluminum racing jack) and I use a rubber puck on my floor jack pad. The pinch welds always outlast my floor jacks. I place jack stands under the sub frame connectors once jacked up and never had any issue with the pinch welds on other cars. Did Ford do something wrong with these pinch welds to make these jack rails necessary?
I love the fact I will never have to worry about a tire shop or dealer damaging my pinch welds or jacking in wrong location. I have seen many cars with severely damaged pinch welds due to carelessness. No matter the manufacturer. I installed them and glad I did!

Sponsored

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
I think it is for people who take their cars to shops or for a peace of mind. I don't have an issue jacking the car up myself without ruining the pinch weld if I do it with care.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
All great points! The pinch welds are most definitely strong enough and will work in a "pinch" LOL. But I am sure you have noticed the anal retentiveness and OCD's most of us 350 owners have LOL. I also use rubber pucks and is why I am not purchasing jacking rails.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I love the fact I will never have to worry about a tire shop or dealer damaging my pinch welds or jacking in wrong location. I have seen many cars with severely damaged pinch welds due to carelessness. No matter the manufacturer. I installed them and glad I did!
I can almost guarantee that no dealer will lift the far from the jacking rail when using a lift.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
The main reason for the jacking rails is convenience and speed. If you use the pinch welds, you need to jack the car up in 4 places, at each corner. Possibly more if you do it in stages to get the car at a convenient height to work under. With the jacking rails I only need to raise 1 side, place 2 jack stands, then the other side and place 2 jack stands. Unless you have a 2 post or 4 post lift available, the jacking rails are the next best option for ease, speed and safety.

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
This car is just a bit more annoying to find good spots to jack up the entire front or the entire rear of the car. That and the only 4 recommended jacking points are also the jack stand points, so you can't jack the car up at one corner and still have space to place the stand in that corner.

It's really just for convenience and peace of mind.

Sponsored

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
i have these, and being lowered i learned the hard way that these jacking rails reduce your ground clearance. mine got scraped to hell and i ended up having to get them refinished at a local powdercoating shop because it was getting rusty :(

those of you who are considering getting steedas... have you any thoughts on the upcoming BMR low profile rails? I am wondering what their fitment is like, and are they still strong?

prototype pictures from their facebook page:

koopatroopa781

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue
These look good. I got the Steeda because of the price, I would have consider the BMR but they were about a $100 dollars more. $100 could go to my hood struts :)

I'm just cheap.

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
my only concern with these types of rails is clearance. Car is extremely low as it is. Anyone know if BMR has the same issue steeda has as far as clearance goes?

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
i do not know. i am still waiting for BMR to respond back to my inquiry. all i have to go by are the prototype pics and it dosen't appear to drop down very far past the lower edge of the lip?
Sponsored