Sponsored

MGW install kicking my @$$

Driversound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
I think I had my X-pipe off for this install. No creeper either. Like I said, this is probably the hardest part of the install for me since you'll be doing everything blindly and just by feel. Took a lot of patience, muscles to pull down on the tranny while one hand was wiggling the bolt back in.

That bolt was more of a pain than installing front and rear springs!
Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
i took mine to a shop guy did in like less than 1.5 hrs

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Did you ever get this done? I feel like I am emotionally invested in this now!

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Did you ever get this done? I feel like I am emotionally invested in this now!
Not yet. But I MAY have found someone to help next week, a former employee of mine.

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
@HoosierDaddy , can you try pulling down on the tranny without the creeper under you? You might get dirty, but that might be why you can't get enough distance when pulling down.
Already tried that.

Sponsored

slink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium,6 Speed, 401A Pkg, Kona Blue
Did you finish the installation?
If so, how are you liking the MGW?

rj67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP Competition Orange
Vehicle Showcase
OP, did you have any luck?
Had Evo Rob give me a hand with my install over the weekend. That bolt only fought us once. We backed the carrier bolts out about half and inch. Rob pulled down on the trans and I slid the bolt back in place with ease.
Putting the boot on the shifter was a tougher job! Probably more my fault for trying to use as little silicone spray as possible so it wouldn't make a mess.
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Like I said, a quick hand to get the bolt into place while a hefty ole boy, aka me at 220lbs, pull fully down on the tranny gets the job done haha

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
OP, did you have any luck?
Had Evo Rob give me a hand with my install over the weekend. That bolt only fought us once. We backed the carrier bolts out about half and inch. Rob pulled down on the trans and I slid the bolt back in place with ease.
Putting the boot on the shifter was a tougher job! Probably more my fault for trying to use as little silicone spray as possible so it wouldn't make a mess.
I have installed four shifters on mustangs and have never run into any hang-ups. Without a doubt the worst part of all the installs was the rubber boot.

Kerninc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
Im sure you have heard all of this before but just in case you havent Ill share my experience. I too got stuck on the PITA bolt up top and then I figured out what was holding me up. I had to use 4 jack stands to get the entire car/ drive line up and take pressure off the driveshaft and then I had to loosen the two exhaust system collars right there by the tranny to make sure the exhaust could move a bit. After that the install got back on track but It did cost me cost to 6 hours to get it squared away.....still soooooo worth it

Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
strange I did mine with the front on rhino ramps and never had issues with removing the front bolt, didnt have to mess with the exhaust either

I have installed four shifters on mustangs and have never run into any hang-ups. Without a doubt the worst part of all the installs was the rubber boot.
easiest way to do the boot was put the shifter in the car to set the reverse lock out, remove the shifter, put the boot on, put the shifter back in. It sucked trying to put the boot on while it was mounted to the car. Did it in 20 sec when it was off the car

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
strange I did mine with the front on rhino ramps and never had issues with removing the front bolt, didnt have to mess with the exhaust either

easiest way to do the boot was put the shifter in the car to set the reverse lock out, remove the shifter, put the boot on, put the shifter back in. It sucked trying to put the boot on while it was mounted to the car. Did it in 20 sec when it was off the car
Doesn't the rubber boot fit around the hole in the transmission tunnel where the shifter sticks through? How do you install it w/the shifter out of the car? :shrug:

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
[MENTION=8079]rj67[/MENTION] where did you get that coyote plaque on the dash? I'm pretty sure I need that.

rj67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP Competition Orange
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=8079]rj67[/MENTION] where did you get that coyote plaque on the dash? I'm pretty sure I need that.
Got it from The Anchor Room. I'm lucky enough to be local and was able to pick it up from them. Jason and Jenifer are great to work with.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Doesn't the rubber boot fit around the hole in the transmission tunnel where the shifter sticks through? How do you install it w/the shifter out of the car? :shrug:
It just fits loosely around the transmission tunnel. The hardest part is putting the boot on the shifter assembly
Sponsored