stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
You can always call them - they were extremely helpful the one time I needed to.

OP
OP
MarkH

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
I went back in and used Feb 18 rather than the 19th and it showed up. The price is $280 and assuming that is for 2 days. Moving forward...

GuardDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gaurd GTPP
I would suggest hitting an autox first if you don't have any experience. drivefast.org is a good club out of the tampa st pete area. Only $40-$50 and they have loaner helmets for free. Also with autox it's a lot safer so you can get away without running track day insurance.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Mark, there are several great groups, as John mentioned the Firm, as Jim Mentioned Chin, I have run events with SCCA and Hooked On Driving (HOD) and The Performance Driving Group runs events as well. SCCA Track Night In America runs at Palm Beach and we can fit a helmet to your liking.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MarkH

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
Appreciate all of the input here, due to my work schedule I cannot make it to any of the autox events so going straight to Sebring. I went ahead and ordered a SA1500 helmet thinking I will use it for the autox later on. My car has 2k miles and will check all the fluids but do I really need to have a tech sign off on the condition form prior to the event or will they just check for conformance when I get onsite and any guidance on air pressure etc. ? Only other concern is my car is a vert and wondering how that is going work out with the windows down going 120mph -videos show this anyway and not sure I will be doing it as a novice but has me wondering.

Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GTPP Triple Yellow
Mark

You'll get an email prior to the event with s link to the tech form. It is a self tech form. You can fill it out yourself or take it to a shop if you prefer. At the event you'll drive through the tech line after you register and turn in your tech form. We can help with getting some numbers on your car.

The only concern you may have with your car would be brake fluid. Even that isn't that big of a concern with the car being this new. I had both my GTPP's at Sebring bone stock including the brake fluid with no issues. I assure you you will not be as hard on your car as I was.

If you need any help or have any questions, feel free to contact me. Send me a PM and I'll send you my phone number if you like.

OP
OP
MarkH

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
Getting close to track time, can't wait to get out there. Got the registration, helmet and hotel and insurance is next. The car will have 3k miles by the time I get to Sebring and I plan to change the oil and filter before I head over there. It was also suggested that I change out the brake fluid. What should I change it to and is the syringe process ok, certainly easiest, or do I need to drain it out? Appreciate all the input so far.

Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GTPP Triple Yellow
Getting close to track time, can't wait to get out there. Got the registration, helmet and hotel and insurance is next. The car will have 3k miles by the time I get to Sebring and I plan to change the oil and filter before I head over there. It was also suggested that I change out the brake fluid. What should I change it to and is the syringe process ok, certainly easiest, or do I need to drain it out? Appreciate all the input so far.
Castrol SRF is the best you can buy and will last much longer before it absorbs too much moisture.

I suck the master cylinder out, fill it with new fluid and then bleed out some at each caliper. You can gravity bleed (open the bleeder port and wait). I use a voice activated pedal depressor (my wife).

Sponsored
OP
OP
MarkH

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
Castrol SRF is the best you can buy and will last much longer before it absorbs too much moisture.

I suck the master cylinder out, fill it with new fluid and then bleed out some at each caliper. You can gravity bleed (open the bleeder port and wait). I use a voice activated pedal depressor (my wife).
Sounds like that method will leave some of the old fluid in the line so I am guessing there will be no negative impact by just emptying and refilling the reservoir and after some changes it would be close to 100% srf (?).

Did some further review and the recommendation is to fully flush with SRF and then re-add. Assuming that the DOT 4 does not mix well with stock DOT 5. Pricey at $70 a bottle so I may forgo until I figure out if I want to do this on a regular basis.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MarkH

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
Yesterday was my day at the track. Sebring is awesome! The Chen instructions were great, the assigned driving instructor did a great job telling when to turn etc. early on and later in the day they pretty much observe and give reminders if you could have taken a corner better or when you carve it right. Great experience and met a lot of decent folks while there. I went with 3k miles on my stock FRPP2 performance pack and no issues with brake fluid or anything listed in the tech sheet, but did bring it the dealer for an oil change and check up before the event. Thanks to Jim for letting me know about the event and my instructor Bill who drives a gt350 when he can afford it.
Sponsored