AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
We have been teasing this for a while. We have pipes in powder coating and should be ready to ship shortly. Numbers below.

Link:
http://www.makperformance.com/2015-...-Pipe-Kit-for-HO-Supercharger-Kits_p_561.html

Improvements:
  • Replace Silicone Elbow with Mandrel Bent Aluminum Piping
  • Eliminate possibility of silicone elbow collapsing under high boost
  • Replace stock 3.5" Inlet with our 4" Inlet.
  • Improve Airflow to the Procharger Head Unit by Increasing Inlet Pipe Diameter
  • Larger S&B Powerstack Air Filter allows for even greater airflow.
  • Direct Replacement for the Stock Procharger Elbow
Kit Includes:
  • 4in Mandrel Bent Aluminum Elbow with 3/8" PCV Bung in Gloss Black Powdercoat Finish(More Colors Coming Soon)
  • Large S&B PowerStack Air Filter
  • Straight Silicone Coupler

Results:

The testing was done by [MENTION=20966]diablomatt[/MENTION] over at Kesatie Motorsports using Diablosport software and Hardware.

The testing was done as follows, dyno pull, swapped intake. (about 5 min) and did another pull.

*Please Note:*The numbers on the Graph are Uncorrected. They would be even higher if corrected. This test was meant to show exactly what difference the Inlet Pipe makes on its own.

The car was a 2015 GT with an HO Procharger Kit with HO Intercooler and Automatic.

The Dyno used was a Dynojet 224X.

Nothing else was changed. IAT's, Tune, and AFR all remained the same between both pulls.

The Graph:

The Numbers:

Before Inlet Pipe:
723.22 RWHP
556.53 RWTQ @ 12.97psi

After Inlet Pipe:
758.20 RWHP
571.16 RWTQ @ 13.98psi

Gains:
+34.98RWHP
+14.63RWTQ
+1.01psi

We are currently making the Stage 2 Inlet, so the Stage 2 guys sit tight and we will have something for you shortly.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
What other mods were on the car?

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mean, those are excellent numbers. And that is a pretty good amount of boost. I didn't know the P1SC HO could make that kind of boost and those numbers. Did the car have LTs or aftermarket IM or something else to get that high?

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
I mean, those are excellent numbers. And that is a pretty good amount of boost. I didn't know the P1SC HO could make that kind of boost and those numbers. Did the car have LTs or aftermarket IM or something else to get that high?
Im guessing they are running a 3.4" or 3.2" pulley to get there.
I'm at 9.8psi on the 3.6" pulley. I am dropping to the 3.5"pulley and with this should be close to 12psi.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Great results guys. :)

I need to quote this post, every time one of the HEMI, or Camaro guys wants to remove our 4" inlet on those cars, to make an inlet that does some crazy bend to wrap around into the fender. Every turn costs HP...

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Feel free to send me one and I'll test it out on a stage 2 car with the race valve :headbang:

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm at 9.8psi on the 3.6" pulley. I am dropping to the 3.5"pulley and with this should be close to 12psi.
You have the stage 2 D1SC kit tho. So you should be able to make way more boost. They're using the P1SC HO kit. I've heard that those kits max out around 10 psi and right around 600 to the wheels. Perhaps I misread something.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
You have the stage 2 D1SC kit tho. So you should be able to make way more boost. They're using the P1SC HO kit. I've heard that those kits max out around 10 psi and right around 600 to the wheels. Perhaps I misread something.
Naw you are way off. There is a guy on the forum (local to me) making well over 700 and well above 10psi.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
A new tune wouldn't be necessary due to the increased air? I understand why the test was done but I assume you would still want to optimize your tune for it once it was on, right?

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
What other mods were on the car?
Car has Offroad Longtube Headers and is on E85. Other than that the car only has the HO Procharger Kit and our Inlet Pipe

Its an old 3.10" Reichard Racing Pulley. The 3.5 will not be close to 12psi I don' think. 3.60 sounds right for 10psi, but you will need at least a 3.40 to get close to 12psi.

The limiting factor with the HO kit is that its a shared 6-rib so you are limited to pulley sizes before the belt starts slipping. We make 10psi and 711RWHP on E85.

A new tune wouldn't be necessary due to the increased air? I understand why the test was done but I assume you would still want to optimize your tune for it once it was on, right?

We would recommend getting the tune checked out due to the additional boost for safety reasons. For testing reasons we did not make any changes to gauge the true difference.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Naw you are way off. There is a guy on the forum (local to me) making well over 700 and well above 10psi.
Alright, thanks for the info man. I didn't think the P1SC head unit was that capable. I'm glad to see that I was wrong.

Car has Offroad Longtube Headers and is on E85. Other than that the car only has the HO Procharger Kit and our Inlet Pipe

Its an old 3.10" Reichard Racing Pulley. The 3.5 will not be close to 12psi I don' think. 3.60 sounds right for 10psi, but you will need at least a 3.40 to get close to 12psi.

The limiting factor with the HO kit is that its a shared 6-rib so you are limited to pulley sizes before the belt starts slipping. We make 10psi and 711RWHP on E85.

We would recommend getting the tune checked out due to the additional boost for safety reasons. For testing reasons we did not make any changes to gauge the true difference.
Well needless to say, I am impressed.
Sponsored