Sponsored

Recall and Immediate Stop Sale on 8,026 GT350 and GT350R Models: Engine Oil Cooler

buggy whip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford pinto, '16 GT350/OxFo/ Trac/Stripe delete
After receiving the recall notification in October '16 & waiting till 3/22/17.
I went to Airport Marina Ford, near Culver City to inquire about the replacement hoses. I gave my notification to the service person there. He said, "it'll take about a week to get the hoses in". Ok, order them and I'll make my appointment now.
Next day (3/23),I get a call. They said the hoses are here, and could I come in tomorrow ?
I'll be there at high noon. Checked in with the service mgr. with my notification. Two and half hours later, it's done. Painless.
I asked if I could have the original hoses back. He said, no. All of the hoses on the recall are sent back to a parts depot for evaluation. Bolts, clips, anything having to do with the hoses goes back.
While I was there, I get a call from another dealership. They were returning my call about the hoses. He said, they have 6 GT350's sitting in their lot waiting for the hoses. He is expecting the parts to arrive in ten days to two weeks. Asked if I Would like to make a appointment ? After I told him that the job is almost done, he said, "you're very lucky to have it done so fast". No doubt...

They have two '17 350's Track Pack sitting in the showroom. Blue w/ black stripes & White w/ blue stripes. The Blue - $89,345.000. No splitter attached.The White - $90,344.00 !!! With splitter & dark tinted windows.
(I'll post pixs)
IMG_1827[1].jpg
IMG_1828[1].jpg
IMG_1830[1].jpg
IMG_1829[1].jpg
IMG_1832[1].jpg

Last edited:

Wyldfyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
2 - 2.5 hours seems about half the time I've been hearing.
Maybe some dealers are taking their time. Or maybe some are so awesome that they are in and out? lol.

kratty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'56 Victoria, Tahoe, '16 GT350
For those who have had the recall performed, how much oil is lost in the process? Does it require a full oil change afterward, or just a topping off?

Trying to decide if I should do my spring Amsoil change now, or wait to get this done in the next several weeks (where they'd use Motorcraft).

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
For those who have had the recall performed, how much oil is lost in the process? Does it require a full oil change afterward, or just a topping off?

Trying to decide if I should do my spring Amsoil change now, or wait to get this done in the next several weeks (where they'd use Motorcraft).
Wait to do the Amsoil change because they will need to add about a quart of Motorcraft in the process. They don't have to drain the oil or change the filter.

Sponsored

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes

I agree with others. Wait to change your oil till after you have the warranty work done.

buggy whip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford pinto, '16 GT350/OxFo/ Trac/Stripe delete

The tech performing the R/R of the hoses, just topped off with one quart or less on my car.

Wyldfyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350

I believe I saw 3 quarts on the receipt.

SROLD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Had line recall service done Fri 3/24 after waiting approx 1+ week for Sanderson Ford in Phoenix to get the parts/kit ordered and in. Shows they added 1 qt and was in middle of crosses on dipstick when i checked Sat am. Done without issue except shop rate of .9 hrs seems low to both me and the dealership service writer. This is 2nd recall line service they have done. They inquired about free filter/wrench and got no answers from wherever they checked. I called SVT and they are also not sure how this is tom be handled. Service writer(Ian) said to check with him in a month if no new info is available or notice is received. Good service....definitely recommend.

Sponsored

IA350

Ruby Voodoo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT, 2017 GT350
I had my recall done today. Mechanic said only issues he had was removing the splitter. He said it was a bitch to get off. I asked him how much oil he added to top off and he said none. That only lost a few ounces of oil and when he checked it was in the middle of the stick. It seemed strange but I checked oil level when I got home after care had been sitting for about an hour and the level on the stick showed a little above the first hole, so appears to be okay. Everything looked buttoned up good, splitter seems tight to bumper. Total time was about 2 hours 15 min.

Rainier42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Performance Blue GT350R
Mine goes in this Friday (3/31) for recall work. Will now be able to plan my track days.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
I don't know why they said the splitter was so hard to remove. My dealership said they only had to take the middle section out to get where they needed to be to do recall and it took them less than an hour for total job and they did put one quart of oil back in.

roycemek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I don't know why they said the splitter was so hard to remove. My dealership said they only had to take the middle section out to get where they needed to be to do recall and it took them less than an hour for total job and they did put one quart of oil back in.
Maybe R splitter because it is one piece?