Sponsored

The Down and Dirty ADM Thread

D_cow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTI 2017 GT350R HR437 Radio Delete
I've called most the dealers getting a 350 R shown on the Ford website and the best deal I found so far was 10k over with most being between $15-$25k and a couple at $30k. It will be interesting to see what happens to the 2016s that still haven't sold in once the 2018s are available.

JRedondox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I've called most the dealers getting a 350 R shown on the Ford website and the best deal I found so far was 10k over with most being between $15-$25k and a couple at $30k. It will be interesting to see what happens to the 2016s that still haven't sold in once the 2018s are available.
I would pay 10k over for an R. All i found so far is 15 to 20k

D_cow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTI 2017 GT350R HR437 Radio Delete
love this guy.Calls ADMs Car Scalping

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I've been hunting for an R as a hobby recently. Best price I found was $7500 over on a left over '16. I thought I was close to getting it at $5K over. I would pull the trigger at $5K.

Has there been any announcement of whether Ford is making R's for '18?

Sponsored

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I just had a dealer email me back to let me know they sold their R for their advertised price locally, which was $30K over. Are there buyers out there still willing to pay that much in ADM? That's just utter stupidity.

526AmF

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Avalanche Gray, Tech pkg, White stripes
30K over?

I'd be a little skeptical of the dealer's claim.

Tflong24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I emailed a dealer in Houston asking how much they wanted for an incoming R. I received the following response and nothing more.

40 over.

I laughed.

Tflong24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
After a lot of negotiating I recently placed a deposit on a 17 R with electronic pack for 9k over. I had to get below the 10k line just to make it acceptable to myself.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Very rare but there are a few dealerships around that refuse to charge ADM. I happened to buy my 17 non-R from one such dealership. I referred a friend to them today and he will be placing an order for a 18 R with no ADM. I did not get the full story but he was told he can place the order June 1st. Not sure if they are getting another one or two allotments on that day or what, but that is the route he is going. Check dealerships outside of large metro areas in the south. Think out in the country type dealerships and maybe you will get lucky.

I will believe he is getting an R at MSRP when I see it but that is what the dealership salesman told me when I got mine at MSRP and apparently that is what they told him today. No ADM.

Sponsored

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I had a different dealer call me back yesterday, one that I spoke with a week ago. They originally wanted $40K over and wouldn't budge. I told him I frequent the Mustang forums and know that some people are paying $5K over and even MSRP. He called back yesterday and said they were willing to cut ADM in half to $20K. Still too much in my opinion today especially if Ford is going to make '18's.

Dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 GT
Very rare but there are a few dealerships around that refuse to charge ADM. I happened to buy my 17 non-R from one such dealership. I referred a friend to them today and he will be placing an order for a 18 R with no ADM. I did not get the full story but he was told he can place the order June 1st. Not sure if they are getting another one or two allotments on that day or what, but that is the route he is going. Check dealerships outside of large metro areas in the south. Think out in the country type dealerships and maybe you will get lucky.

I will believe he is getting an R at MSRP when I see it but that is what the dealership salesman told me when I got mine at MSRP and apparently that is what they told him today. No ADM.
Would really appreciate it if any of you guys could PM me known "MSRP" dealers in my search for an R!

I'm currently deciding on whether to pull the trigger on one that is $5K over, but I'm in no hurry so a '18 allocation would work fine.

The difficulty it seems to me is to know which of these maybe smaller, non-metro dealers would actually get an allocation?

Mr. Adair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT3
Would really appreciate it if any of you guys could PM me known "MSRP" dealers in my search for an R!

I'm currently deciding on whether to pull the trigger on one that is $5K over, but I'm in no hurry so a '18 allocation would work fine.

The difficulty it seems to me is to know which of these maybe smaller, non-metro dealers would actually get an allocation?
My 2 cents, 95% of R buyers would LOVE to have gotten their R at 5K over! No hurry? By the time you receive your '18 R (which I hope you are not being jacked around on at MSRP) it's going to be another 15-18 months maybe more. For me, 5K to drive the car now and not in 2 years was well worth it. Life is short, if you have the 5K the car is worth that and more. Just another perspective!

Good luck..

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
My 2 cents, 95% of R buyers would LOVE to have gotten their R at 5K over! No hurry? By the time you receive your '18 R (which I hope you are not being jacked around on at MSRP) it's going to be another 15-18 months maybe more. For me, 5K to drive the car now and not in 2 years was well worth it. Life is short, if you have the 5K the car is worth that and more. Just another perspective!

Good luck..
100% agree with buy now except on principle I will not buy new with ADM. I prefer to buy lightly used for MSRP then pay ADM. I know of a gew used R's for sale at a great price and ine of those I may just buy.

Mr. Adair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT3
100% agree with buy now except on principle I will not buy new with ADM. I prefer to buy lightly used for MSRP then pay ADM. I know of a gew used R's for sale at a great price and ine of those I may just buy.
This is also a very smart way to buy desirable cars! It's exactly how I avoided ADM on my GT3. Patience in the game is essential! :cheers:
Sponsored