Sponsored

FocusRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
They are quiet and offer a great ride. That said, they "slip" a bit more than the Michelin's that came on the car did. I noticed it immediately but attributed it to them being new. To date, that hasn't changed and to be fair I really need to put more miles on them.
I like that they slip easier ! This car is just so much fun !

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Why do our lugs stick out on the rears but are hidden on the front rims? Just noticed that.
Just noticed that myself the other day - it's not just the 6gR wheels, but the stock ones, too.

Front:

Rear:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
So get some shorter lugs for the rear I presume? Anyone know the length/size to get? Thanks !!!
I would not do that, that means less threads of engagement. The counterbore depth of the lug depends on the wheel design and offset and stud length is then determined to make sure you have proper thread engagment

Reactions: N17

Sponsored

OxFord6G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Premium + PP
Are there any direct comparison shots between the 19" (non-R) and 20" sizes on a lowered GT? I'm about ready to order these but I'm really torn on which size to go with. I'm on Steeda Progressive springs and don't want to deal with any rubbing issues.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Satin graphite on Magnetic :

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
I don't live too far from the Tire Rack in South Bend, IN, so I made a little day trip over there this morning. I have a fairly competent tire shop nearby my house, but these guys just "get" performance tires, so I trust them more when it comes to stuff like this.

It paid off, as not only did they mount and balance a set of Cup 2s for me, but they also turned them on their shaving machine (barely removed anything) to ensure that there was absolutely no run-out (i.e., out-of-round). Only charged me $60 for the set for mounting, balancing, and turning.

Plus, I got to visit the Studebaker Museum in downtown South Bend while I waited, which was a nice bonus.

Here are a couple of teaser pics - more once they're on the car.

Sponsored