GT350 Lug Nuts

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Im suprised they dont make rubber/plastic push on lug covers in plethora of colors. ;)

I got some rubber caps, in red and black. They are used to seal endmill container/tubes. Maybe ill try them someday.
Sponsored

geb78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
I was thinking locking lug nuts were good insurance. At the very least a deterrent. Then my friend told me the tool our mechanic has that makes it easy to remove them. If he has one then the thieves have them. After a simple youtube search this is one of the many videos. He's not even using a special tool.

[ame]

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I was thinking locking lug nuts were good insurance. At the very least a deterrent. Then my friend told me the tool our mechanic has that makes it easy to remove them. If he has one then the thieves have them. After a simple youtube search this is one of the many videos. He's not even using a special tool.

What the video doesn't show is getting the lock out of the socket after removing it. Between the time it takes to remove 20 locks or the expense and hassle of carrying 20 sockets around with them, having 20 locks on your wheels definitely makes your wheels less attractive to a thief. And at ~50 seconds per lock that's over 16 minutes just to get 20 locks off. Do you realize how many clips I can empty into him in that amount of time? ;)

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
What the video doesn't show is getting the lock out of the socket after removing it. Between the time it takes to remove 20 locks or the expense and hassle of carrying 20 sockets around with them, having 20 locks on your wheels definitely makes your wheels less attractive to a thief. And at ~50 seconds per lock that's over 16 minutes just to get 20 locks off. Do you realize how many clips I can empty into him in that amount of time? ;)
Most sets with locking lug nuts have a single lock nut per set. So 4 sockets = 4 tires and removal in <120 seconds if you have help.

btw...

Magazine+-+vs+-+Clip.jpg

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I was informed by Ford Racing that the lugs are larger on the GT350s therefore I don't see how lug nuts from any 2015 Mustang would fit. Maybe someone can address the lug size of the standard Mustangs compared to the GT350 lugs. I was told the GT350 has 14mm lugs while the regular Mustang has 1/2" lugs.
They must be misinformed, because the 2015+ Mustang is 14mmx1.5 as well.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Most sets with locking lug nuts have a single lock nut per set. So 4 sockets = 4 tires and removal in <120 seconds if you have help.
Which is why you shouldn't buy a set with one per wheel and why I bought:

gor-96643dx_xl.jpg

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/gor-96643dx

I also sharpy on the inside of wheels: Call this number if asked to service this wheel without being told ahead of time this message was here: xxx-xxx-xxxx - Reward for recovery.

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Which is why you shouldn't buy a set with one per wheel and why I bought:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/gor-96643dx

I also sharpy on the inside of wheels: Call this number if asked to service this wheel without being told ahead of time this message was here: xxx-xxx-xxxx - Reward for recovery.
lol, you're pretty paranoid

I drove off to the doctor this morning and returned 4 hours later to realize I'd left the garage door open and the house unlocked. No sleep will be lost tonight. ;)

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
lol, you're pretty paranoid
Must be why Gorilla wouldn't sell me their set of 20 locks until I submitted a form from my shrink confirming that. Gotta respect a company that loses a lot of sales that way just on principle.

Sponsored

CJ Pony Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
A large variety of Mustangs across all generations
Could you please keep us posted when they get this done? Thanks...
Done, lol

2015+ Factory Bulge Locking Lug Nut Kits

All kits are available in a Black Chrome or Chrome Finish.

As promised, we have worked closely with Gorilla to come up with some great options for all 2015+ Owners. We have a solution for just about anybody that wants to protect their factory wheels, especially GT350 and GT350R owners.

Keep in mind that we also have P/N: WHLLN20 and P/N: WHLLN29 for owners with factory wheels that are NOT looking for a locking option.

As always, if you guys have any questions please let me know.
Capture.JPG

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
Done, lol

2015+ Factory Bulge Locking Lug Nut Kits

All kits are available in a Black Chrome or Chrome Finish.

As promised, we have worked closely with Gorilla to come up with some great options for all 2015+ Owners. We have a solution for just about anybody that wants to protect their factory wheels, especially GT350 and GT350R owners.

Keep in mind that we also have P/N: WHLLN20 and P/N: WHLLN29 for owners with factory wheels that are NOT looking for a locking option.

As always, if you guys have any questions please let me know.
is the P/N: WHLLN20 compatible with the GT350R Carbon Fibre Wheels ? Has this been confirmed by the manufacturer and by Ford ?

CJ Pony Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
is the P/N: WHLLN20 compatible with the GT350R Carbon Fibre Wheels ? Has this been confirmed by the manufacturer and by Ford ?
Yes, all factory wheels use the same lug nuts. Including the GT350R Carbon Fiber Wheels.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
[MENTION=20475]Dave@CJPP[/MENTION] - which lug nuts do you recommend for track use? Like the lightweight, high-grade, racing open-end style...

CJ Pony Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=20475]Dave@CJPP[/MENTION] - which lug nuts do you recommend for track use? Like the lightweight, high-grade, racing open-end style...
Honestly, for track use I would always recommend using the factory lug nuts. I would only go with non-OE lug nut if you absolutely had to. For example, aftermarket wheels or longer wheel studs. Using the OE Lug Nuts on the track eliminates certain variables that can come into play when attending a track event. Like losing the tool or special socket and/or braking the special tool or socket among several other unknowns.

You figure that Ford Performance has used the OE Lug Nuts on all of their development and demo vehicles that have been pushed to the limit by professional racers from around the world. If they are good enough for them, they have to have something right.
Sponsored