Sponsored

SCCA F-Street Setup. What's Everyone Done so Far?

jpaulson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
Im leaving FS for STP, but i have a set of FS legal 18s Forgestars for sale. I'm going to do 850 shipped for the set ill be posting in the for sale section shortly.
Good luck with sale!

I am still in FS for another season. Hopefully STP will still be there when I'm ready.
Sponsored

GuardDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gaurd GTPP
Here is my FS setup. Just some old GT500 rims and 275/35/19 RE71R's. Two event's this season and 2 top pax times overall.
Here is my fastest clean run at the firm for the Pax win.
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]id=ze_oQTXWobk;list=FLbzdQEyEXFZ-S3UmBWaRpyA[/MEDIA]"]

Last edited:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Here is my FS setup. Just some old GT500 rims and 275/35/19 RE71R's. Two event's this season and 2 top pax times overall.
Here is my fastest clean run at the firm for the Pax win.
That looked like an AutoX course I'd love! Nice driving!

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP

Dude - you're killing it this year! I may have to ask for a ride-along this weekend, because you're obviously making your car do things I can't get mine to do. Our cars are pretty much identical, but we still had a 3.5 second difference. Time for a driver mod! Of course, the local starting line event is Saturday, and my band has a gig so I can't make it. :headbonk:

Sponsored

GuardDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gaurd GTPP
Thanks guys! and John you're welcome to jump in man. I would offer to ride with and give some pointers but I am no instructor. It's hard to judge speed when you are riding in the passenger seat.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Dude - you're killing it this year! I may have to ask for a ride-along this weekend, because you're obviously making your car do things I can't get mine to do. Our cars are pretty much identical, but we still had a 3.5 second difference. Time for a driver mod! Of course, the local starting line event is Saturday, and my band has a gig so I can't make it. :headbonk:
A lot of driving is being willing to find the real limit. Not the one you think you hit when you feel the car slip a little here and there. The one where you're putting in work to keep it on track... that's when you get 3 seconds better times with the same car/parts. Such has been told to me anyway.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Two questions :

- anybody using Hawk pads ? Is HPS 5.0 a way to go ? Anything else out there worth looking at ?

- slotting struts for front camber - where exactly in the shop manual is that procedure ? I looked up "Front Camber Adjustment" in Chassis - Suspension - Suspension System - - General Information and it is not there and I swear I saw it.... And what's the latest on using non-splined bolts for FS (they're in my version of manual but somewhere in this thread Dick_R wrote that they were taken out and therefore not legal)

RN53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Two questions :

- anybody using Hawk pads ? Is HPS 5.0 a way to go ? Anything else out there worth looking at ?

- slotting struts for front camber - where exactly in the shop manual is that procedure ? I looked up "Front Camber Adjustment" in Chassis - Suspension - Suspension System - - General Information and it is not there and I swear I saw it.... And what's the latest on using non-splined bolts for FS (they're in my version of manual but somewhere in this thread Dick_R wrote that they were taken out and therefore not legal)
From the PDF I have the top of the starting page says "204-00 Suspension System General Information"

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
From the PDF I have the top of the starting page says "204-00 Suspension System General Information"
Correct.

The bolts without splines were added to the Mustang parts system sometime last year. The Ford online parts link shows them as "extra heavy duty".

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
The pdf I have - which I made out of the manual available for paid subscription at motorcraftservice.com - which is for 2015 Mustang and shows procedure revision date of 10/1/2015 only says to discard the original lower strut bolt and replace with "service bolt" without any reference to slotting the strut bolthole or to service bolt P/N. It clearly is 204-00 Suspension System General Information, Front Camber Adjustment.

Is there a chance this got revised ? Would you mind checking what day your revision is from ?
And is the Service Bolt P/N W715295-S439 mentioned elsewhere on this forum (or this thread) ? If yes, how to prove reference this is a legal part (Dick - if you would not mind - what system that heavy duty bolt shows up in ?) ?

I'm too slow to be protested but still would prefer to be legal to the rules, for local events as well.

(and thanks guys for responding - appreciate it).

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
The pdf I have - which I made out of the manual available for paid subscription at motorcraftservice.com - which is for 2015 Mustang and shows procedure revision date of 10/1/2015 only says to discard the original lower strut bolt and replace with "service bolt" without any reference to slotting the strut bolthole or to service bolt P/N. It clearly is 204-00 Suspension System General Information, Front Camber Adjustment.

Is there a chance this got revised ? Would you mind checking what day your revision is from ?
And is the Service Bolt P/N W715295-S439 mentioned elsewhere on this forum (or this thread) ? If yes, how to prove reference this is a legal part (Dick - if you would not mind - what system that heavy duty bolt shows up in ?) ?

I'm too slow to be protested but still would prefer to be legal to the rules, for local events as well.

(and thanks guys for responding - appreciate it).
More details below but just to be clear. I checked the part number and description with two different dealer parts departments. The dealer part system added the unsplined bolt as a Mustang part sometime last year.

However, don't get your hopes up for significant additional camber change from the unsplined bolts. See the dimensions in the picture below. The only real advantage is being easier to remove and install.

[/url]free picture upload[/IMG]

I think the unsplined bolts are p/n W715295-S439 which are identified as "heavy duty" or similar in the Ford system. The splined bolts are W715932-S439. OR I have the numbers reversed so double check with the dealer regarding which one is "heavy duty".

Nuts are the same with either bolt. W520517-S450.

If you have a convenient local dealer Fordparts.com works well (use Internet Explorer for best results with the popup illustrations and other info). One of my local dealers even sells parts online through Fordparts.com at a really good discount and allows in person pickup. If you provide your VIN to the system the dealer and/or Ford system will make sure you get the correct part since the online system doesn't include the detailed part number.

Note that the online system sells the bolts and nuts in packages of 4 for the indicated price.

I have the CD version of the service manual purchased directly from Helm in late 2014 and dated November 2014.

Hope this helps.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Setup question - what setting does everybody have their sway bars set to ?

I have Strano rear bar + Konis (front ones set firmer than rear). Last year ran on the softest setting, this year to experiment switched to mid setting (which I think most people have). It made the car rotate easier but also *seems* rear wasn't steady and it made me hesitate to fully commit to turns (didn't help course) had a lot of loose gravel / low grip / third of it driven if first gear.

Is it just me not used to it and mid-setting is universally thought to be better or should I just go with what feels right ?
(non-PP car so stock front bar is less stiff than on PP, therefore front/rear stiffness difference is greater)

jdub.csu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
Setup question - what setting does everybody have their sway bars set to ?

I have Strano rear bar + Konis (front ones set firmer than rear). Last year ran on the softest setting, this year to experiment switched to mid setting (which I think most people have). It made the car rotate easier but also *seems* rear wasn't steady and it made me hesitate to fully commit to turns (didn't help course) had a lot of loose gravel / low grip / third of it driven if first gear.

Is it just me not used to it and mid-setting is universally thought to be better or should I just go with what feels right ?
(non-PP car so stock front bar is less stiff than on PP, therefore front/rear stiffness difference is greater)
I have same setup but on a PP with 275 front and 285 rear with the rear bar on the middle and I love it. I just took 1st place this weekend and overall pax was 15 with 126 people.

analog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
On another note, I have made a few changes for the start of this season. I went back to the oem rear bar and will be trying a drilled oem front bar. I drilled a new hole 1 inch shorter than the oem hole. My clacs say that it will be a little softer than the larger (35mm I think) bars on the softest setting. I liked the Strano rear bar on it's softest setting but thought the the middle was too much. So far the added front roll stiffness is nice but I won't have it on course for another couple weeks.
jpaulson, good seeing you at Dallesport this weekend and thanks for letting me ride along on a run. I've certainly had better weekends :frusty:

I'd say your car is dialed in quite nicely and you're driving the hell out of it. Giving those guys in CAMC a run for their money! See you at Crows this year?
Sponsored