Sponsored

Wimbledon White LE #0666 available

PsyopGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Commuter cars
As a Consumer, one has a choice, Purchase or Pass. No one has a God given Right to be able to purchase a 1 of 1964 Limited Edition 2015 Mustangs at either MSRP or at a Discount. I got 2 Pair of Tickets for the 2015 NCAA Mens Basketball Final Four to be played in early April in Indianapolis, IN. Since I won them in the NCAA Lottery, if I choose to sell them at a Premium if I decide not to go, whats the problem? Next issue.....?
That would be an outstanding argument if it weren't for the fact that it is completely strawman.

I acknowledge dealers have a right to markup their vehicles. Do you acknowledge consumers have a right to criticize them for it?
Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Do you acknowledge consumers have a right to criticize them for it?

Absolutely, as long as it's ok for the seller to criticize the consumer if they want to pay less than msrp.

The double standard is my problem.

PsyopGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Commuter cars
Absolutely, as long as it's ok for the seller to criticize the consumer if they want to pay less than msrp.

The double standard is my problem.
Of course it's okay for them to criticize the consumer. Nobody said otherwise. Of course, the seller does have to worry things like reputation but it is his or her right.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Of course it's okay for them to criticize the consumer. Nobody said otherwise. Of course, the seller does have to worry things like reputation but it is his or her right.

Except that same consumer would be beating down fords door wanting an apology and complaining about the treatment, normally.

My point is, most people bitching about it 1) wouldn't be buying an LE anyway 2) want them to not ask for adm but want it for less than msrp and 3) want to criticize the dealer for adm but wouldn't accept being criticized for wanting a car for under sticker. Probably wouldn't even thank the dealer for selling him one for less than sticker. It's just the ddouble standard that bothers me.

What ever happened to, make an offer. If they don't accept leave and go to the next guy. Screaming about it doesn't help anyone. If someone else wants it for that price, more power to them.

PsyopGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Commuter cars
Except that same consumer would be beating down fords door wanting an apology and complaining about the treatment, normally.

My point is, most people bitching about it 1) wouldn't be buying an LE anyway 2) want them to not ask for adm but want it for less than msrp and 3) want to criticize the dealer for adm but wouldn't accept being criticized for wanting a car for under sticker. Probably wouldn't even thank the dealer for selling him one for less than sticker. It's just the ddouble standard that bothers me.

What ever happened to, make an offer. If they don't accept leave and go to the next guy. Screaming about it doesn't help anyone. If someone else wants it for that price, more power to them.
I think you're being melodramatic.

Dealers who markup cars over MSRP run the risk of driving away customers and possibly bad PR. Apparently the reward can outweigh the risk because a lot of dealers do it, but that's just a side note right now.

Having the right to markup your cars does not mean you have the right to be immune from possible repercussions of doing so.

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's true. All of it. All I'm saying is that if you badmouth the dealership about it, if they badmouth you and give you bad PR for wanting it under sticker, you can't say jack squat. Of course they won't do that since they are actually better than that. Wow. Can't believe I just said that. Hah

PsyopGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Commuter cars
That's true. All of it. All I'm saying is that if you badmouth the dealership about it, if they badmouth you and give you bad PR for wanting it under sticker, you can't say jack squat. Of course they won't do that since they are actually better than that. Wow. Can't believe I just said that. Hah
Public relations is a non-issue for individual buyers.

Iggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I have a curious question for those that ordered their LE at MSRP (or XPlan, etc.) - did you just go to your dealer and pre-order it just like others did for their EB, GT, etc.? Could it only be ordered from certain dealers if they had an allocation or something? Could 15 folks go to the same dealer and order an LE at MSRP? Reason I'm asking is because I was just at my dealer that I ordered my GT Premium Convertible looking at the 50th Annv package coupe they had, and they also had an LE in the showroom still with it's cover on - and they we're asking $25,000 over MSRP. I chuckled, laughed and told them no way but their response was "someone will". I have no problem with them asking that much, but wow, $25K over.
photo (11).jpg

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Personally, my dealer called me on April 22nd and offered me their allotment of one car. At msrp. I accepted. I returned on May 21st and we ordered it.

Le's where alloted to dealers. Some got several. Many many got none. Some where auctioned to dealers in a lottery system. Dealers knew on or about April 22nd how many they would get. They didn't have to order immediately. Many chose to wait. Once ford needed all orders filled to complete the initial scheduling, dealers who hadn't ordered where told "order now or we will choose for you". They did not lose their allocation. You cannot walk into a dealer and order the LE that you want now. If you want a particular color/tranny combo, you will have to find it and probably pay a healthy premium. Auto's seem to be harder to find and blues seem to be harder to find available.

Hope this helps.

Fyi, I have heard of no one x planning one. I did hear of one member here getting it for 750$ off msrp. There's a few of us who got msrp.

Sponsored

101charley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charley
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Magnetic, 400A, 6AT, 3.55, MBRP Street
I'll take it. I might possibly pay as much as $42,000. I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would pay over MSRP for this car. It's nothing special. No performance difference at all! Complete gouge. Dealers selling this thing over MSRP are hurting their reputation. Oh wait I forgot. For car dealers reputation is second to $.
Sponsored