Sponsored

GT350R Extended Ford Warranty pricing...

Zcobra1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Ferrari 360, Viper GTS, C6-Z06, 70'Trans Am
Curious what people have paid for an extended warranty on their GT350R. Saw earlier posts claiming that this was not an option for the R. However, my dealer is offering a Ford Platinum Warranty (7yr//60k miles) with $0 deductible for $3350. This seems pricey at first glance. Since dealers are gouging owners on GT350s/350Rs, was concerned they almost may be taking me to the cleaners on the warranty.
Is this a fair price or a bloated price?
So are you sending RavenGT350 a gift card for his nearest brewery ? :D
:cheers:
Sponsored

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR278, 2008 BMW M3
This looks like canadian pricing/plans

For an 8yr/100k MILE warranty in the US through flood its $1300 USD with the $100 deductible
That's an interesting theory, but here's how mine was priced back when I was the proud, but temporary owner of a Canadian GT350R. I walked right into my local Ford dealer in town where I live, and they quoted me that price. After I was no longer the proud, but temporary owner of the Canadian car, I bought a second car (actually a third car) in Las Vegas a few days ago. Because my contract had the VIN of my temporarily owned Canadian car, the Las Vegas dealership couldn't transfer it to the Las Vegas car. The Las Vegas dealer quoted me far above the 2615 I paid locally through my dealer; IIRC it was about 3400. The guy looked at the price I had on the contract from my local dealer and seemed to think it was pretty good; he had to get permission to honor it. But he did honor it. When I got home, I cancelled the contract on my temporarily owned Canadian car.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Appears if you wait until just before your regular warranty runs out it is
around $200+ more for the 8/60k....so if you are sure you will keep the
car it saves to buy early.
I didn't read the fine print, but is the extended warranty through Ford refundable in full if a claim is never used against it?

Cfirekirch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Has anyone gone with something other than premium care? It covers the nav and some electronic options my car doesn't have.

Sponsored

thehygienist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
IRISH
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
I was considering Flood until I found this dealership: http://andersonandkoch-ford-warranty.com/

Highly recommended, good pricing and they treated me well. I cancelled the contract at my dealer, got a full refund, and purchased online. Saved $245.

NOTE: Flood doesn't specifically call out the GT350, which made me nervous. Andersonandkoch does specifically let you choose either the GT350 or the GT350R in its drop-down menu. Regardless, the contract you get is based solely on the VIN and doesn't mention the model.

Take a screen-shot of the website's information, it specifically reads GT350 or GT350R in the quote.

Prices are significantly higher for the R model. I paid $885 for PremiumCare $50 deductible on an 8 year, 60,000 mile plan. The same deal for the GT350R costs $2690.

Last edited:

koopatroopa781

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue
I ended up getting the Flood extended warranty. I did mentioned to him that it doen't call out the GT350, but he told me that it deosnt matter to Ford. It's based off of your VIN number and to Ford its a Mustang.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I was considering Flood until I found this dealership: http://andersonandkoch-ford-warranty.com/

Highly recommended, good pricing and they treated me well. I cancelled the contract at my dealer, got a full refund, and purchased online. Saved $245.
So I take it that it doesn't matter who you buy the Ford extended warranty from, and that any dealership in the country is going to honor the warranty?

thehygienist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
IRISH
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
So I take it that it doesn't matter who you buy the Ford extended warranty from, and that any dealership in the country is going to honor the warranty?
That is correct. Although when I cancelled my dealership's brokered contract the finance guys tried to tell me that I would have trouble. I just smiled knowing they were full of it. It's a Ford contract not a dealer contract. The dealer broker's the deal for as much or as little as they are willing to take and like most dealer's they play games and take advantage of the uninformed.

J-nod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mazda Speed3
Has anyone picked up the premium maintenance plan? The brochure lists brake pads and linings. I cannot tell if that means they will only inspect, or if replacement is also covered.

Also, what is the oil change interval for the GT350?

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
My dealer sold me a 7 year, 120k mile warranty for $3k. After going through the paperwork I've found that its not a Ford Extended Warranty. Mine is the top of the line coverage from CNA National. From looking through the contract, it seems to cover everything. I do still have reservations since it isn't an official Ford extended warranty. Should I call up the dealer and switch to the Ford one? Thoughts?
Sponsored