Broke Clutch Assist spring perch???

blubyu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Supercharged
Hey Guys, I was removing the clutch assist spring and want to replace it with the Steeda one. When removing using the vice grips I got the spring out but evidently spring snapped out so hard it broke the perch. Heres a pic of what broke http://www.pictaram.com/media/1280820415946336586_944499529
Question is the Steeda Perch is friggin expensive for that small plastic piece, do you guys think I could get away with Super Glue or sodering it together? Anyone know what how I could Order a new OEM Perch or where I could find one? Thanks for any info guys!
Sponsored

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
For the OEM part I don't think they sell the perch separately, just that whole assembly. I remember looking before.

As for soldering or super glue I doubt that will hold. It is pretty damn expensive. I only bought the spring for now and hoping I don't snap mine too while pulling it out.

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Premium PP GT
You can get a upgraded perch from Steeda for $75 and the whole shebang with spring for $85 . Ask for a forum discount even cheaper.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the Ford assembly is more expensive - I can help with a discount on the assembly & see if a member wants to take the spring off your hands.

Best Regards,

TJ

OP
OP

blubyu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Supercharged
Thanks TJ, I appreciate it, that def helps out!! I've always enjoyed Steeda product and I will continue to with great customer service you displayed!
Sponsored