Sponsored

Clutch Spring Removal to Aid in Linear Pressure

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
Well i just pulled mine off and it looks like it broke off on the dark tan plastic piece, just used my hands, I thought it would be stronger than that.
Sponsored

Jprada1210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT yellow Jacket
Took my spring off for a few days and the car drove amazing ... but it wasn't worth it ... clutch was harder then a fcking rock ! Been there done that , daily driving it w the clutch that hard is a no go for me .

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Well i just pulled mine off and it looks like it broke off on the dark tan plastic piece, just used my hands, I thought it would be stronger than that.
Same thing happened to me. Piece of it broke. But if I had to reinstall the spring I think the piece is still usable.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Took my spring off for a few days and the car drove amazing ... but it wasn't worth it ... clutch was harder then a fcking rock ! Been there done that , daily driving it w the clutch that hard is a no go for me .
You gotta give it a chance. At least a week for your leg to adjust. I cant remember what it felt like stock its been so long. I just know it was the most unnatural clutch feel I've ever had in a manual trans vehicle.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda spring. Brings the effort down some but no loss in feel.

Sponsored

S550GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corvette Grand Sport w/Z07, 2011 Golf TDI
I took mine off like the 2nd week I had the car over a year ago. Hated the feel with the spring in. I only notice how stiff it is when I get into another manual car, but it's really not that bad. I daily drive a beater hatchback '97 civic with a soft clutch and I don't feel a huge difference when I switch over on weekends.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
The Steeda spring is a cheap & effective piece ... offers peace of mind vs. running without a spring!

Best Regards,

TJ
I've got no spring AND peace of mind, plus no undue clutch wear. The myth of premature clutch wear from pulling assist spring is just that...a myth.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Is there any way someone can point me to a source for a 60lb spring or know of the dimensions off hand of our stock spring? I have the 35lb spring but would like just a bit more ease and reduce the tiny bit of pedal play at release.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Is there any way someone can point me to a source for a 60lb spring or know of the dimensions off hand of our stock spring? I have the 35lb spring but would like just a bit more ease and reduce the tiny bit of pedal play at release.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39891 Whatever spring you put in is going to impart some, if not all, of the rubber band clutch feel that comes with the OEM assist spring.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
email or call Century Spring and see if they still sell the S-290.
Capture.JPG

Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Awesome, thank you very much GT Pony.

I'll order both just to see which one I like better.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Thats the one I ordered as the other requires a $50 minimum. I got two just in case. Should be in Friday.