Sponsored

"Rear Axle Differential Temp Increased, Decrease Speed" warning

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Steeda's diff cooler set up. This is a proven set up. We will be entering a hour and half endurance race next month. We mounted the cooler in the trunk for durability reasons related to track debris. You can mount the cooler to your objectives.
Diff cooler pic.jpg
Sponsored

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Any more info on this shelby finned diff cover?

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Steeda has been testing a diff cooler system for the on track enthusiast for a few months. It should be available early 2017. It has a heat exchanger and pump very easy install and much more effective than the diff cover option. We will be doing more testing this coming weekend. Plus, it is very inexpensive. Keep you all posted.
Steeda's diff cooler set up. This is a proven set up. We will be entering a hour and half endurance race next month. We mounted the cooler in the trunk for durability reasons related to track debris. You can mount the cooler to your objectives.
Are these one in the same?

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
You mentioned inexpensive, so what is the price point. IT looks like a great product.

I must admit, I haven't fallen victim to the "overheating" yet. I guess I have to drive harder. :doh:

Sponsored

Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GTPP Triple Yellow
A cooler set up isn't really that difficult. I posted a link for a better pump above. The Tilton/Mocal pump is available from many vendors. Get yourself oil cooler, some -8 AN lines and fittings and go to work.

Even if a vendor does end up bringing a 'kit" to market, it's gonna be fair amount of work to install.

mnmike59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
A cooler set up isn't really that difficult. I posted a link for a better pump above. The Tilton/Mocal pump is available from many vendors. Get yourself oil cooler, some -8 AN lines and fittings and go to work.

Even if a vendor does end up bringing a 'kit" to market, it's gonna be fair amount of work to install.
Thanks!
I'm getting lazy in my old age and always looking for the easy way.:p

Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
BTW, Steeda posted the parts list above.;)

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Would be interested in doing this myself but I've been wondering how you fill the diff since there isn't a third hole to fill it. Any suggestions?

Sponsored

Matt P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Fwiw, I took my leaf blower to the SCCA Track Night and used it to cool down my diff between 20 min sessions. I did 30 minutes of medium speed leaf blower air from tbe back of the car up to the diff. Last time I did track night I got the warning in the last 5 minutes of the second session, and after 10 minutes in thw third. This time i dos not get any temp warnings.

Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Would be interested in doing this myself but I've been wondering how you fill the diff since there isn't a third hole to fill it. Any suggestions?
Return line goes to the fill hole. Disconnect return line, fill diff, cycle pump to fill cooler and lines, fill diff again.

There is an area on the diff that could be drilled/tapped for either the return line or a new fill hole. It's the same area that the GT350 has it's return line.

pstoppani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I was under the impression that the overheating diff didn't cause a limp mode and that was my experience until this week when the car refused to go above 6000 RPM ... maybe it was something else? I got the overheat warning along with time to change oil warning. After 15 minutes in 80F ambient, rev limiter kicked in at 6000!

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I was under the impression that the overheating diff didn't cause a limp mode and that was my experience until this week when the car refused to go above 6000 RPM ... maybe it was something else? I got the overheat warning along with time to change oil warning. After 15 minutes in 80F ambient, rev limiter kicked in at 6000!
Check if oil life counter reset on last change?...

GT350Brakes.com

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
GT350 TP
Would anyone be interested in something like this?

I can have these made pretty easily but they wouldn't be cheap due to how they take on a lot of load.

They'd come standard with a fill and drain port as well ass an inlet and out for cooling lines. I can also have the return from the cooler line be directed to the pinion to help maximize efficiently.

I could also see a half quart increase in capacity as well.

These would probably come in around 1k or so.

35087747532_50d1fd71ba_z_d.jpg

On my 15 Ecoboost with Big turbo kit and a list of other things a mile long I noticed my differential becoming louder and louder after each event. Since the 15 didn't have a temp sensor I would just use my infrared. I eventually sold the car due to the numerous issues but I think a billet diff cover as shown would make a drastic difference.
Sponsored