rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
Throw out bearing is $119 the pilot is $12. $18 for a high load. The $12 I quoted was for the pilot only. Should have clarified better.
What brand of TOB and which Pilot bearing should I go with? and do I need to change the flywheel bolts as well?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Grafanton

Grafanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP 6MT
Make sure they gave u the correct flywheel,its not the engine.
This guy ended up being right.

After spending the better part of a day running around Southeast MI looking for the correct bolts (order ahead of time, no one has them). My brother and I were installing the flywheel. It to a matter of minutes to determine I had the wrong flywheel.
The flywheel sent engages the starter as soon as we got it flush with the crank.

We'll see how Beefcake Motorsports and Mcleod respond.

I'm now in a rental car in Cleveland, and my beloved Mustang is still on jack stands in my brother garage in Detroit.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
What brand of TOB and which Pilot bearing should I go with? and do I need to change the flywheel bolts as well?
There is Exedy and now a newer Mcleod throw out bearing roughly the same price around $120. They all appear to look like stock and i have no idea if one is better than the other. Be carefull because some sites have these at some wacko prices for the same thing. American Muscle has the exedy and Mcleod. Just make sure its around $120. As far as the pilot bearing i have only found Ford Performance brand. A regular load $10 and high load $18. Im assuming high load for high horsepower, not sure if it matters.

ARP flywheel bolts #156-2801 are made of chromoly and are stronger than stock. They are $40-45 for a set of 8. I don't know if they are needed but when it comes time for me they will be in my cart.

OP
OP
Grafanton

Grafanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP 6MT
The latest from Mcleod is that I have a non-standard flywheel in my car.

I hate being special.

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Doesn't the EB use a dual mass flywheel? On a dual mass flywheel the bolts are longer than a regular flywheel like on the GT. You will probably need to get the GT length flywheel bolts. Did it come with a throw out bearing spacer?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Grafanton

Grafanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP 6MT
The EB does have a dual-mass flywheel. The kit from McLeod was specific to the EB. Having spoken to Mcleod, they've never previously had an issue with the factory bolts and now that the flywheel fully engages the starter at rest, there is clearly something amiss.

My first thought is to shim out the starter, but I'm not entirely comfortable with that.

I'm trying to attach a couple of pictures, but I seem to be technologically challenged.
IMG_0190[1].jpg
IMG_0180[1].jpg

OP
OP
Grafanton

Grafanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP 6MT
Huh...it worked.

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
It looks like there needs to be a spacer between the flywheel and crank. Then the stock EB flywheel bolts might work as well as the starter. My bet is they haven't tested this on an EB yet or they sent you the one for the GT.

OP
OP
Grafanton

Grafanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP 6MT
Mcleod has 6 cars with this clutch installed without issues.

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Has anyone else had issues with EB flywheel installs? Was the EB crank changed at some point?

OP
OP
Grafanton

Grafanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP 6MT
That's why I posted this question in the first place.

I have no answers, only questions.
Sponsored