Sponsored

Need a Scottsdale/Phoenix shop that won't die laughing.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I painted myself into a corner with a shifter install.

It's an easy job on a lift and most people can do it on jack stands by themselves or with a friend to help, worst case.

I don't have any local friends who work on cars any more but figured I could still do it by myself. The entire job is pretty much cake except for ONE bolt that you have to lower the trans to a wider part of the tunnel to install it. You can do it just hanging on the trans if the car is on a lift.

Apparently my car has less clearance then most, and I can't pull down on the trans enough laying on the ground to get the bolt in. I managed to get the bolt out when removing the stock shifter by using a big pry bar between the trans and the top of the tunnel but no room to do that with the new shifter in place.

I made a thread asking for ideas and there were some good ones but unfortunately none of them did the trick.

So I need to get the car into neutral without a shifter and have it towed to someplace that can install the one ^&*# bolt.

I'm looking for a shop that is reliable AND won't get sick from laughing at me for getting into this situation. But a shop not so good I'd want to use them again since I can only take so much laughter. LoL

Alternately, I'd pay someone to help me if their hush money demands are reasonable.

I'm in Northeast Phoenix, near 56th street and the 101.
Sponsored

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
There's got to be someone here on M6G in the Phoenix area that can help this guy out :shrug:

If I wasn't 5 hours away I would come over and give you hand.

P51DNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
This is weird, I don't remember struggling with a bolt on my MGW install, but it's been awhile. Think I had the hardest time with the shifter boot.

Have you tried a flexible magnetic pickup tool being fed from the top?

P51DNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I asked my wife and she recalls helping me with it lol

PHX-LE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbleton White LE
You need to go Sports & Collector Car Center in Tempe. Joe can take care of you with no problem 480-968-5000. They are Russo & Steele's main repair service.
Sponsored