Sponsored

can't decide on lowering my daily

number1olddog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB lightning blue PP
I want to lower my PP Eco but can't really decide on whether to do it or not. I'm looking at the CJ Pony parts 1'' lowering springs with BMR camber adjustment bolts. My car mostly sees highway miles (about 100 miles a day) with the occasional speed bumps etc... Since I drive mine more than most is it really worth it to lower it? I love the way a stang looks lowered but need some input whether it's worth it since it is my daily driver. I'm really worried about road debris since it will be lower and some parking lot entrances and scraping the front chin spoiler. Any input would be great. Thanks.
Sponsored

JakeS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic Metallic
Just lower my daily and it's awesome! Recommend Steeda progressives!

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
This is the same conundrum I have at the moment. My very first car (a 2000 mustang V6) was lowered via cut springs(previous owner, learned my used car lesson), at least until my parents found out from the mechanic and had factory springs put back in. While I loved the look it was quite a pain at times. That is why I have held off so far. I personally really would love to save up for 6 months for an air ride setup tbh. then you have the best of both worlds. I also lost clearance on my current mustang when I had my custom exhaust done, which is another thing holding me back.

A 1 inch drop doesn't seem to be that bad in these cars. I think it would only scrape on the most extreme of speed bumps, curbs, ramps, etc. If someone that has it lowered can confirm/deny my assumption that would be awesome. You'd just have to learn how to do the crab walk over speed bumps.

JakeS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic Metallic
I go over speed bumps all the time. You just have to go slow. Michigan also has the worst roads in th U.S. on steep driveways and other things, just take your time. My AWE exhaust is a three inch system so it also hangs a little lower. No issues with bottoming out yet. I am so happy I did it. It also rides and handles so much better.

fast88fox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT Premium PP
I have the CJ pony springs and I really like the look they give my 2016 GT PP. the front lowers the car about 1 1/2" and the back approx. an inch. It rides almost as good as the factory springs and has a lot less body roll. I have yet to scrape anywhere that isn't really bad.

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I put BMR min drop springs on the front of my daily driver(stock rear) with 20's and I am happy with it. However I wouldn't want much more than an inch as I still scrap in certain areas. The look is right for me too, I don't like when the wheel well covers the top of the tire.

Smaller wheels and tires may be able to handle more before scraping but like I said I am happy with the BMR min drops.
IMG_0495.jpg
IMG_0340.jpg

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
The Steeda Progressives are great choice & they are currently on sale!

Great ride quality, improved handling & a good drop - we have some great threads on here with reviews & photos.
Had Steeda Progressive springs installed today at the main facility. I love the stance and look. Car feels really glued to the road now, with a lot less roll.
Installed Steeda progressive sport springs, bushings & alignment tool along with ford racing jounce bumpers, I went with a conservative drop on my ecoboost of 1.25" in front and 1" in the back. Rides and handles like a dream.
And many more ... let me know if I can assist - [email protected]

Best Regards,

TJ

- POD -

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I did a lot of reading and decided on BMR SP080 performance lowering springs. Extremely happy with the set up. I feel it gives just the right look to my 16 GT PP and got rid of the jounce I was noticing with the factory rates.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I want to lower my PP Eco but can't really decide on whether to do it or not. I'm looking at the CJ Pony parts 1'' lowering springs with BMR camber adjustment bolts. My car mostly sees highway miles (about 100 miles a day) with the occasional speed bumps etc... Since I drive mine more than most is it really worth it to lower it? I love the way a stang looks lowered but need some input whether it's worth it since it is my daily driver. I'm really worried about road debris since it will be lower and some parking lot entrances and scraping the front chin spoiler. Any input would be great. Thanks.
Out of curiosity, how would you describe your factory ride? I have a 15 eco PP and from the factory I hated the ride. A good bit of my driving used to be highway, now maybe 50%. When it was new though, it was probably 80% highway, going down the road, I would feel like a bobble head bouncing around over seemingly no bumps in the road, just minor dips or slight high spots. I'd even watch other cars to see if they were bouncing around and they weren't.

I started with the Steeda Progressive springs after my wife begging me not to lower this car because of ride quality issues after lowering other cars. After installing the Steeda progressives, my wife even said the ride was improved! It still bounced a little but not as much and felt much more controlled. Part of that bounce was later fixed with the Steeda shock mounts. This is my DD with over 31k miles. I go over speed bumps and honestly never even think about if I might scrape or not, it hasn't happened. The 1.125" drop just doesn't seem to be an impact.

In summary, I wouldn't hesitate to lower it an inch and I agree with you on the appearance. Most of all though, I love the performance benefits!

Last edited:

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I got the steeda progressives, and mines a daily driver as well. It won't cause any issues unless you have some real steep inclines, but those kind of things would be difficult at stock ride height as well.

Just be aware of speed bumps, particularly the tall ones, take them slow and take them at a slight angle.

Sponsored

RedRyan98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm in the same boat. I'll likely do the BMR min drop springs or leave it stock. ~ .75" drop on this car is enough for me.

I wish Steeda would make a min drop version of their progressives and give us another alternative.

Memphis-EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Impact Blue Ecoboost
Recently lowered mine, Steeda Coilovers, with shock mounts. No scraping so far, and here in Vancouver Speed bumps seem to breed and multiply overnight. Don't forget how important a good shock is to ride quality, lowering springs may help but they aren't the only piece in the puzzle. You might consider Adjustable shocks which also allow you to dial in your comfort level- and if you have an overly sensitive significant other, you can even dial in their comfort level and switch back to yours when they are not in the car. Just a couple thoughts.

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
Same boat, I'm really torn on what to do. My 2012 GT was 1.5" all around with a Boss 302 front end, and I scraped everywhere, even on the smallest little dips in the road and parking lots.

I like the BMR SP080 springs, but I don't like raked stance, so I'm really considering getting the Steeda progressives.

I just want to make sure that with steeda progressives + the steeda splitter, I won't be scraping everywhere.

SiRCaSTK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
I'm also looking at lowering as well. Can any sportline owners chime in on scraping issues? I can't decide between pro-kit and sportlines, but I am leaning towards sportlines.

Road work is starting up around here as well, which is making me hesitant on lowering, but I can always just avoid it.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I went with the GT350R springs for my daily driver. .6" drop front and .3" drop rear. If you want a softer ride you can go with the BMR 082/089 minimum drop spring and some PP shocks or something along those lines. A 1" drop would have been too much for me, my car just barely makes it out of my driveway with the minimal .6" drop but the improved handling and look is great.
Sponsored

Reactions: A7X