Sponsored

dealer took my R away

abhele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R
So the crummiest thing happen to me to day. i cant say which dealer but i had ordered a Ruby Red R 2 months and and arrived last week. with my tight schedule i couldnt fly in right away to close to deal because i have alot going on atm, also i was told car would arrive beginning of June, so i was truly expecting then. i had a 10k adm deposit on the line. Everything is going smooth sail and today i found out they sold my car out of no where,owner couldn't wait any longer and will be returning my deposit. Is this something they can do? We had a oral agreement which can be binding? i was so devastated when i got the call.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Not surprised. He probably had someone else chomping at the bit to buy it for a little more money and any wavering on your part (delay coming to pick up) gave him an excuse to be a douche.

That's why - I tracked the hell out of my R. I knew when it was at the local train yard and I happened to see it on the car transport on the way to the dealer (crazy!). I was there RIGHT away to ensure there was no confusion.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
So the crummiest thing happen to me to day. i cant say which dealer but i had ordered a Ruby Red R 2 months and and arrived last week. with my tight schedule i couldnt fly in right away to close to deal because i have alot going on atm, also i was told car would arrive beginning of June, so i was truly expecting then. i had a 10k adm deposit on the line. Everything is going smooth sail and today i found out they sold my car out of no where,owner couldn't wait any longer and will be returning my deposit. Is this something they can do? We had a oral agreement which can be binding? i was so devastated when i got the call.
Just to be clear, you had a 2017 R model on order with a $10,000 ADM and deposit for this car and you had nothing in writing?

:shrug:

OP
OP

abhele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R
Just to be clear, you had a 2017 R model on order with a $10,000 ADM and deposit for this car and you had nothing in writing?

:shrug:
i have the vehicle agreement right here in my hand which they faxed.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
i have the vehicle agreement right here in my hand which they faxed.
Without seeing the actual document I would suggest that you head down to the dealership in question and ask for the GM and/or Owner and plead your case.

Doesn't sound right to me at all.

If that doesn't go anywhere I would take up for a senior manager at Ford customer service and go from there.

Good luck!

;)

Sponsored

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Until you sign sales paperwork the car isn't yours. It sucks, but if they are agreeing to return all your money then I don't think you have much recourse. I would get back on the hunt for another car and not waste your time.

Mr. Adair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT3
Until you sign sales paperwork the car isn't yours. It sucks, but if they are agreeing to return all your money then I don't think you have much recourse. I would get back on the hunt for another car and not waste your time.
This^

Take their 10K check. Tell them you are reporting them to the BBB and calling them out on the forum. Smile and walk out. For 10K ADM you should find a car in a few days...

Sponsored

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Lol good one, young enthusiast here. Color really pops in sun when detailed right and its plain sexy.

Because i might be promised a 2018 allocation.
Promised a 2018 allocation??

Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me...

I'd go elsewhere.

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR278, 2008 BMW M3
This^

Take their 10K check. Tell them you are reporting them to the BBB and calling them out on the forum. Smile and walk out. For 10K ADM you should find a car in a few days...
Even having signed paperwork and paid in full for over a month isn't enough when you haven't taken physical delivery of the car. I lost my first one that way, and still haven't received a full refund months later -- still lacking about $2500.

I lost my second one after that dealer sold it to me and tried to sell it to somebody else the next day...before telling me the car was entered in their computer wrong and was actually reserved for a Ford executive. The funniest part of this story is that same dealer called me a just two weeks ago, now 2.5 months later, and offered to sell me the car after the "Ford Executive" didn't buy it.

The third one was a charm though; had a great buying experience with Team Ford in Las Vegas.

You really can't make this crap up.

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR278, 2008 BMW M3
Why can't you name the dealer? I'd out them!
I think somebody (maybe me) should start a "Shady Dealer" thread and name these dealers, along with a brief story of how they screwed you and why they're shady. Post #1 would be the list with links to the other parts of the thread with each individual story.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Ethics & Scruples

Well, I guess it's me and how I was brought up but if you enter into a deal, shake a hand, sign a paper or whatever is presented... It an F'n deal ! I too would name the dealership and pls.........do not count an an '18 allocation... They will throw you Under the bus for another 5G's !!

MOVE ON.....FIND ANOTHER DEALER AND REPORT THIS ONE !!!!!
Sponsored