Sponsored

Flowmaster Outlaw axle-back opinions?

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
Anyone happen to have these on their EB? We have a pretty small selection of mustangs around here and I have yet to see a single ecoboost other than mine. Was the only one in our entire Ford Mustang Show last weekend, so I sadly can't get sound samples from those around me that have setups :( Anything I seem to find on the topic is from 2 years ago, and pretty vague/short.

If you do, do you regret putting them on? How loud are they exactly...say in relation to a roush exhaust? Any drone? Just looking for overall opinions :cheers:

I'm REALLY stuck between the outlaw setup, magnaflow competition setup and the Solo Performance catback. I can pick up the outlaws for about $150 bucks out of pocket new, and that price is damn near unbeatable.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha "out-of-pocket" being the key there. I got a couple gift cards for x-mas I still haven't used for AmericanMuscle, and the sound...or lack thereof coming from the rear is getting to me!

Sadly they don't carry Solo Performance :(

Ylow281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT/2018 Mustang GT
I have the Flowmaster cat back. I like it...makes some noise but not obnoxious and no drone that I can tell anyway. That being said I don't think any of these cars sound good, but like you, no noise coming from a Mustang is even worse to me.

Ylow281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will say that when I got my tune the car sounded much better. With the lumpy stock powerband and poor throttle response these cars sound terrible. With a tune that straightens most of that out it also helps the sound some.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm really hoping they aren't louder than my roush's were on my V6 with long tubes. It's about the max I will go but those things were LOUD, like mile away loud.

Really I think that's kind of subjective. I think stock is miserable. I come from the Euro car world so I'm used to the "non-V8" sound and like it.

How would you say the rasp is? Does it start to get pretty raspy fairly quick? That's the one thing I cannot stand.

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt, 2004 Cobra, 1968 Fastback
I've been eyeing up the outlaw axle back for mine as well. I think the axlebacks won't be overbearing as your still keeping the stock resonator on there. I too haven't heard one in person unfortunately though and am hoping a customer comes in with them so i can hear it first before buying!. I had a flowmaster catback on my focus ST and from videos i have heard and the videos i made of my car they sound very similar.

Ylow281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have no resonator on there being the catback and I can honestly say there is no rasp at all and it's not that loud. I do have my stock converter though. Also, I bought mine back in 2015 and I thought I heard somewhere that they changed the design. I can't say if they did or not.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
Go muffler delete at a local exhaust shop and use the gift cards for something else

Sponsored
OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been eyeing up the outlaw axle back for mine as well. I think the axlebacks won't be overbearing as your still keeping the stock resonator on there. I too haven't heard one in person unfortunately though and am hoping a customer comes in with them so i can hear it first before buying!. I had a flowmaster catback on my focus ST and from videos i have heard and the videos i made of my car they sound very similar.
I'm definitely up for some noise. I'm not trying to find something a hair over stock haha. I just don't want a every cop in a 2 mile radius to know I just left a green light.

It sounds like it's definitely deep, but seem to get pretty crazy on videos past 3000 rpms. But sadly that's the issue with videos...it never sounds the same in person as it just doesn't always capture the deepest part of the sound spectrum.

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
I have yet to hear a muffler delete that sounds remotely close to what I want sound wise lol.
Muffler deletes sound awful. Get a proper catback or axleback setup.
The Outlaws should give you a deep tone and not too loud if you keep the resonator

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Muffler deletes sound awful. Get a proper catback or axleback setup.
The Outlaws should give you a deep tone and not too loud if you keep the resonator
Agreed.
If you don't mind me asking what are you running?

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR 50 YEAR Ecoboost Convertable 6MT
I've got the FM Streets cat-back and it sounds great!! Doesn't have that Raspy Honda Civic 4-banger sound at all. I'm a fan!!

Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Manual w/PP
I have one with cat delete, it's pretty dronish but in a cool way. Videos probably wouldn't do it jistice.
Sponsored