2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
MPT seems to be a popular tune . what about BAMA are they any good
Sponsored

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
Do yourself a favor don't waste your money on bama I was in your shoes one year ago asking all the same questions and was looking at bama because of there tunes for life. Well I joined a mustang club and I started to talk with the guy/gals about tunes. the second I said I was looking at bama not one not two not three but everyone in the club told me to stay away from them I then asked about MPT and they said that they were a great tune shop. they also told me that if I was not going to go to a dyno shop will not mention the name here but its in New Hampshire then MPT was my next best bet if you go with MPT you will not be let down and will not be looking around for a new tune with in a few weeks MPT nails the V6 out of the box and must do not need to data log to get it right , its right there from the start , Just my 2 cents

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
MPT seems to be a popular tune . what about BAMA are they any good
Since your a auto tranny, which tuner you pick make sure that it has a menu so you can increase the shift firmness to the auto tranny. It makes a big difference as I stated earler.

Remedy15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang convertable V6 051A Black
MPT tune was a great bang for the buck !!

Sponsored

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
What about the 93 octane unleashed tune any info on them
Pretty good. A member by the name of Artem (who has since traded up to a 5.0) ran 13.4 @ 104 MPH with nothing but a JLT intake and Gibson catback. I also run their tune with excellent driveability.

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
Is the MPT tune our version of the Ford Racing ProCal Tune whereas it is safe to use as a DD?

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Saying MPT is the "only" safe tune to use as a DD is absurd. The only tune I strongly would not recommend is BAMA. JDM Engineering, Unleashed, SSI, Hypertech, etc. are all good tuners. And the only reason to run the FordRacing ProCal is to have a slight upgrade over stock and to avoid warranty issues as it is from Ford itself. By no means is it the "best" or "safest" 5.0/2.3 tune. I would be hitting up VMP, Lund, Tune+ etc. for something stellar if I owned those platforms. The V6 does not have a factory backed tune to answer your question. Losing your warranty running an aftermarket tune is just a risk many of us accept.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
Saying MPT is the "only" safe tune to use as a DD is absurd. The only tune I strongly would not recommend is BAMA. JDM Engineering, Unleashed, SSI, Hypertech, etc. are all good tuners. And the only reason to run the FordRacing ProCal is to have a slight upgrade over stock and to avoid warranty issues as it is from Ford itself. By no means is it the "best" or "safest" 5.0/2.3 tune. I would be hitting up VMP, Lund, Tune+ etc. for something stellar if I owned those platforms. The V6 does not have a factory backed tune to answer your question. Losing your warranty running an aftermarket tune is just a risk many of us accept.
The reference to MPT was not exclusive but generic . Common knowledge no Ford tune for the 3.7 thus this is what we have MPT or what someone else is pushing. For those who will DD and plan on keeping long term does anyone have long term experience with a tune and if so was there any issues long term. Maybe a question best suited for the S197 3.7 owner.

larry1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 guard
I can say first hand MPT is overated and JDM is amazing currently have their tune but for a 100 shot of nitrous tune. JDM is a bit pricey but hands down in my opinion the BEST!!!!

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
Cries in California

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt, 2004 Cobra, 1968 Fastback
I can say first hand MPT is overated and JDM is amazing currently have their tune but for a 100 shot of nitrous tune. JDM is a bit pricey but hands down in my opinion the BEST!!!!
Thanks a lot Larry for the feedback. If anyone has any questions about tunes just shoot me a message or give the shop a call. Our tunes are 100% custom and make a world of a difference especially on an automatic car.
Sponsored