GT vs Demon

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
I didn't see what fuel the Demon was going to use to accomplish these #s. Was it 93? Seems nuts to reach those speeds on anything other than E85 or Race Gas. Any Mustang would have to be on E85 or Race Gas to keep up.
Sponsored

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Found it. "It also consumes premium gasoline and won't run so well on regular gas. Fuel-economy figures were not provided." I still don't believe it will make those full power #s on 93. I think it will have either a separate Key/tune for race gas to make the quoted #s.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
808 on premium, 840 on race gas.

OP
OP
Wally

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger Scat Pack
It wont be hard to match the Demons power or ET in a GT. What will be hard is keeping your warranty while doing it.
Understatement lol. I would say your warranty is long gone before you even get close.

Sponsored

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
how about Cobrajet Vs Demon?

cdq85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Boostey Pants
what's really going to be impressive is how these things will be once the aftermarket world gets to them. they mentioned beefed up rods, pistons, cams, etc as compared to the hellcat. plus, a bigger 2.7L blower. i image you're going to see some 900+ rwhp demons soon after the release. i'm curious to see if they can break into the 8's.

sculptor310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
I'd like to see a few recipes posted on how to beat the Demon. Something like what BMR has done for 60' times, but also including power plants.

Some of the BMR 60' data is promising that beating the Demon is possible.

DougRed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If I can get one I'll buy one. Have a deposit down. Also going to keep both the Mustangs as well. Will take it to the strip every weekend with the Mustangs and hellcat charger!!

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
How about Cobra Jet vs Challenger DragPak since one is street legal, the other isn't.
Everyone keeps talking about how the demon is street legal.Yea it might be but it wont be hitting the street with the tires i saw it make that pass on.Put street legal tires on it and see what it runs.Point being i dont see that car getting close to 9,s on street tires,yes its a bad ass car but how they are showing it is not how the car is going to hit the street.

djpheer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Everyone keeps talking about how the demon is street legal.Yea it might be but it wont be hitting the street with the tires i saw it make that pass on.Put street legal tires on it and see what it runs.Point being i dont see that car getting close to 9,s on street tires,yes its a bad ass car but how they are showing it is not how the car is going to hit the street.
So?

They never said the wheel/tire setup they ran the advertised times with were street legal, they said the car was. You could drive the Demon to the grocery store with street legal wheels and tires. You can't drive a Cobra Jet to the grocery store no matter what wheels and tires you put on it.