Sponsored

GT vs Demon

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger Scat Pack
Well I guess it's time talk about it now that it's been revealed. 840 HP, 770 TQ, 0-60 in 2.3 seconds and it will do a 9.65 quarter mile. Oh yeah and it will do wheelie:headbang:. Obviously this car is in a whole other league but I know there are some quick S550s out there. So what kind of FI setup and supporting mods does it take to get to that power level and performance? What kind of money would you have to spend? Anyone planning on trying to buy one? I believe they said only 3000 will be made for US customers and only 300 for Canada.
Sponsored

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
People on here have already made more powerful GT's than the Demon by a mile check out the Boostworks site. But a good start would be a Whipple or Roush Phase II Blower to get up there, CF driveshaft, headers, smaller pullies etc. Would put you on the path but, You are looking at a lot of money but I think you could still do it under the Demon price tag but I could be wrong. It also comes with 315/40R18 drag radials.

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Price was not mentioned. To get the 840 HP numbers you need their little box (computer) of tricks which is only going to add cost. However, this also gives you the skinnies and tools to swap them out. Single seat and no creature comforts (although you can buy them they said for a buck(?)).

Bottom line - nothing American made or exotic that you can buy off the showroom floor that can beat it in a straight line.

Edit: Someone I recall has a similar trap speed in the FI forums with a whipple but still in the 10's.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Price was not mentioned. To get the 840 HP numbers you need their little box (computer) of tricks which is only going to add cost. However, this also gives you the skinnies and tools to swap them out. Single seat and no creature comforts (although you can buy them they said for a buck(?)).

Bottom line - nothing American made or exotic that you can buy off the showroom floor that can beat it in a straight line.

Edit: Someone I recall has a similar trap speed in the FI forums with a whipple but still in the 10's.
The crate is $1, just like the seats.

Sponsored

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The crate is $1, just like the seats.
Ah, ok. I saw the seats for a buck. Missed the crate of goodies. Shall be interesting to see the pricing.

Didn't they do something to the dealers when they tried to gouge the buyers on the Hellcat? Maybe they will do something now although it sounded like only 3,000 units in the US and 300 in Canada.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
It wont be hard to match the Demons power or ET in a GT. What will be hard is keeping your warranty while doing it.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Ah, ok. I saw the seats for a buck. Missed the crate of goodies. Shall be interesting to see the pricing.

Didn't they do something to the dealers when they tried to gouge the buyers on the Hellcat? Maybe they will do something now although it sounded like only 3,000 units in the US and 300 in Canada.
From my understanding Dodge is telling every dealer up front how many Demons they will get, they also will not process the order until they have a legitimate buyer lined up which they have to prove to Dodge because the owners manual/tracklog and car are customized with the owners name. Apparently this is Dodge's way of trying to prevent markups and ordering cars under false names.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
HP we can get, its the transbrake, high stall converter, drag wheels, drag setup suspension, and a solid drivetrain that will probably be the harder challenge. thing does a 1.3 60ft.

OP
OP
Wally

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HP we can get, its the transbrake, high stall converter, drag wheels, drag setup suspension, and a solid drivetrain that will probably be the harder challenge. thing does a 1.3 60ft.
Excuse my ignorance but what is a transbrake? I don't know much about drag racing.

Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Excuse my ignorance but what is a transbrake? I don't know much about drag racing.
it uses the transmission to hold the car in place while you stage the RPM. this allows a load to be place. which loads the drive train and builds 8lbs of boost(for the demon) it allows you to launch with max power

OP
OP
Wally

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it uses the transmission to hold the car in place while you stage the RPM. this allows a load to be place. which loads the drive train and builds 8lbs of boost(for the demon) it allows you to launch with max power
That's pretty cool, thanks. I guess that is part of the 1.7 G launch they claim.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
It wont be hard to match the Demons power or ET in a GT. What will be hard is keeping your warranty while doing it.
That is the key. Yes, 140MPH trap speeds have been accomplished before but this is a WARRANTIED off the shelf product. For the amount of money some people put into a car like a $35K Mustang and start tacking on the cost of modifications and time, something like the Demon is a tantalizing prospect.

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be interesting to see how the engine holds up over time and runs or what sort of room for error/abuse it has.