OP
OP
Wally

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger Scat Pack
Definitely not a Honda then, unless you have super low standards. :)

Since you didn't mention affordable, you can sure get there if you spend enough. I would go Porsche 911 Turbo.
Yes I forgot to mention affordable. I definitely don't make 911 turbo money. :(
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Every assembly line mass produced car company. Is going to spit out a stinker once in a while. But Dodge is the only car I've ever owned that blew the engine.

Last edited:

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
Every assemble line mass produced car company. Is going to spit out a stinker once in a while. But Dodge is the only car I've ever owned that blew the engine.
Yup. Even my DD Versa has had it's issues. New transmission at 48,000 miles and then they had to replace the pan seal on it after another 13,000 miles.

Plenty of rattles and fitment issues. But it's also a ~$12,000 car brand new. I wasn't expecting perfection or luxury on the interior trim. I was however expecting a car that could make it more than 45k miles without needing a transmission.

CVT Transmissions are the worst.

Buy what you want and like. You'll always have a few bad apples no matter what brand of car you buy and the whole "imports are more reliable than domestics" is out the window IMO these days.

EAndre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
E
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Base 6MT Recaros Sold
Bought my wife a 17 Grand Cherokee Overland and at 800 miles the tranny pan started leaking.. I bought the Jeep knowing problems would happen but wasn't expecting so soon. One thing I learned is the more features and luxury more problems down the line.

Sponsored

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Keep in mind FCA is not exactly known for reliability or trouble free ownership.
This. I'd sooner buy an ecoboost s550 than a dodge. It's not brand loyalty, I've had experience with both Ford have done more to make it right. But if course, YMMV!

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
We have a 2015 Jeep GC 4x4 loaded W/ the 5.7 Hemi W/ 13k miles and have had no problems at all. The 8 speed transmission is great on fuel on the highway.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
All brands have issues from time to time. I have had great success with my Dodge/Chrysler products as well as my previous Fords. Unless there is some big known issues with a particular car, just go with what you like and what kind of deal you get.
Sponsored