MadMB

MadMB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang v6
Awesome build man! Hope to get to that point soon!!

BE6Pony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 15 V6 / Focus ST / 14 Fiesta S
Its a sweet set up but not my cup of tea its simply not nice its crafted together by junk parts. and cost half the price of the procharger kit, which in my opinion isn't that good for what your using, You can't use aftermarket manifolds your stuck with the stock turbo set up and manifold from the f150 due to clearance issues, you can't put motor mounts is also due to clearance issues.. have to have custom pipes made if you want to have something that looks nice $$, Seems like something you do then 3-4k deep later :frusty:

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Its a sweet set up but not my cup of tea its simply not nice its crafted together by junk parts. and cost half the price of the procharger kit, which in my opinion isn't that good for what your using, You can't use aftermarket manifolds your stuck with the stock turbo set up and manifold from the f150 due to clearance issues, you can't put motor mounts is also due to clearance issues.. have to have custom pipes made if you want to have something that looks nice $$, Seems like something you do then 3-4k deep later :frusty:
I actually priced out a setup similar to this and my estimated cost would have been around $1700 including the tune. That price is of course with me doing the work and bending my own pipes.

Sponsored

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Twin Turbo Mustang V6
The only "junk parts", or rather used parts in this setup are the turbochargers and turbo manifolds. You could purchase these new, mine came off of a used F-150 that had only 12,000 miles on them. Everything else was purchased new (i.e. injectors, fuel pump, spark plugs, etc...)

EDIT: If you are really concerned with size of the manifolds, you can always go bottom or rear mounted for the turbos.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Hey that's me!

I have a build thread located in the Members Journals section if you want to read more about the process that took place to get where I am now.
Just saw the video congrats man on that build props to you! Show those V6's are still worthy!

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Twin Turbo Mustang V6
Just saw the video congrats man on that build props to you! Show those V6's are still worthy!
Thanks! Obviously Ford still has faith in a V6 platform (EcoBoost Raptor, Ford GT) but just not for the Mustang... :(

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Yeah I know I still love V6's CAFE Standards are hopefully going to get cut so the Turbocharged V6's might be making a come back.

Exquisite_Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 DIB V6
Hey that's me!

I have a build thread located in the Members Journals section if you want to read more about the process that took place to get where I am now.
Kodypiccirilli,

I've been lurking this forum for a year and half and have never posted, but I wanted to speak up and tell you I can't believe you aren't getting more props for this! Super cool. :thumbsup:

I'm thinking about starting a similar build myself, but I have a couple questions, if you don't mind answering.

On the downpipes, it looks like you connected straight to the factory cats. Did you completely fab from the turbo to the cat? Or did you use the factory F150 downpipes and mod them to mate up to your cats? How difficult was this process? Any super crazy radiuses? I've thought about using a catted H pipe (usually for long tubes) and trying to make the downpipes mate to that. Would give a little more room to work with, but I'm not sure if it would be worth the additional cost.

Also, how was the tuning process? I know you typically start with a base map and tune from there, but there's not really a basemap for this type of setup since it is so unique. Did you start from scratch, or use a modified F150 ecoboost basemap or something like that?

Sponsored

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I've been kind of baffled myself at the lack of props kody has been getting for his build, but I know from personal experience the interest in the S550 V6 is pretty dismal. I've seen twin turbo builds for the S197 V6 that get a lot of attention but for some reason the S550 V6 doesn't get any. I literally had to beg vendors to create parts for my build and take my car apart and measure things for them, etc. Part of the reason I decided to start a GT build. I think that possibly as the price comes down to lower levels as the S550 V6 ages and younger kids can buy it under $10k, there will be more interest.

Lawguy85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1 FJG
I've been kind of baffled myself at the lack of props kody has been getting for his build, but I know from personal experience the interest in the S550 V6 is pretty dismal. I've seen twin turbo builds for the S197 V6 that get a lot of attention but for some reason the S550 V6 doesn't get any. I literally had to beg vendors to create parts for my build and take my car apart and measure things for them, etc. Part of the reason I decided to start a GT build. I think that possibly as the price comes down to lower levels as the S550 V6 ages and younger kids can buy it under $10k, there will be more interest.
Agreed, he really has an awesome build. As for interest in the S197 V6 TT builds v the S550, the Eco is probably the reason there is very little on the S550 V6. Seems like most of the builds/attention are there now.

Zero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Saw the video on this last week. Absolutely stunning work!!

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Agreed, he really has an awesome build. As for interest in the S197 V6 TT builds v the S550, the Eco is probably the reason there is very little on the S550 V6. Seems like most of the builds/attention are there now.
I think you hit the nail on the head with the Eco.

snydog90

Snydog808
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Custom Twin Turbo kits from JM Performance

For those interested in twin turbos check these guys out. They have a shop in Texas and have been turboing the 3.7 for a while now. Just youtube twin turbos 3.7 mustangs and some of their projects will pop right up. Or go to jmpturbo.com Recently emailed them about their plans for a kit for our S550s and they promptly replied with a pricing and spec sheet. Looking to purchase a kit for myself by years end.
S550 V6 Turbo   snyder.ryan.c gmail.com   Gmail.jpg
JMP S550 Kit.docx   Google Docs.png
JMP S550 Kit.docx   Google Docs (1).png
Sponsored