havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
http://www.roadwarriorplus.com/default.asp

Has anyone used it? Any reviews? It appears it would hold up well to bugs and the like but is it a viable replacement for the clear bra regarding rock chips?
Sponsored

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
I am also interested in this stuff and wondering about it.

White Stallion 11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Prem Vert w/PP, '20 GT Prem Vert w/PP
I would be interested in this as well.

RJ

OP
OP
havasu486

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
I'm seriously considering it however I will not be driving my car until April. Chicago winters you know.

Sponsored

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Going on a road trip in March to a track 1,000 miles from where I live; might try it out for protection on the hwy and track and see how it does. I would rather find out ahead of time and not be the guinea pig with the front end paint chips if it's no good though :)

Road Warrior Plus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RoadWarriorPlus.com
Vehicle(s)
Corvette ZR1
Thanks for the interest guys! RWP has been around for quite some time but limited marketing has been done. We are making an effort to get the word out about it because it's a cool solution. As long as it is within the forum rules please feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

Thanks again!

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Someone send me some and I'll test it out/post pics!

OP
OP
havasu486

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the interest guys! RWP has been around for quite some time but limited marketing has been done. We are making an effort to get the word out about it because it's a cool solution. As long as it is within the forum rules please feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

Thanks again!
Might be worth it to seek out an admin regarding a sponsorship to the mustang6g world. Your product appears to be a fit for so many different enthusiasts.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like this could also be useful for winter salt spray protection...

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Taking a road trip middle of 2017 this is definitely peaking my interest to protect the front end.

[MENTION=27911]Road Warrior Plus[/MENTION], how much product would you need to cover the full front S550 bumper and the whole hood? Maybe mirror caps and very front of the front quarters too. A quart enough for 2 coats for that area?

OP
OP
havasu486

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Taking a road trip middle of 2017 this is definitely peaking my interest to protect the front end.

[MENTION=27911]Road Warrior Plus[/MENTION], how much product would you need to cover the full front S550 bumper and the whole hood? Maybe mirror caps and very front of the front quarters too. A quart enough for 2 coats for that area?
Keep this thread going, please keep us up to date with the results of your trip. Enjoy!!!!

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
  • Masking since its spray on.
  • Gets runs easy per reviews on vertical panels (like dipping have to get that perfect not too thick not too thin coat; many lighter coats)
  • Per the instructions need 1 can for front bumper, 1 can leading edge, 2 cans hood, and 1/2 can mirror caps. (Reviews on amazon say 2 cans was not enough for a front bumper, 12" of hood, mirror caps and leading edges on front fenders on an Audi A5 which is a similar dimension front end)
  • allegedly 3M says it takes 2 to 4 hours to dry and 1 to 4 days to cure. This stuff allegedly dries in an hour or less per coat

At $25 per can that is a TON of money even if you need 3 cans. If this stuff works for $40 that's a lot of savings, almost half the cost, and roll on is much neater (no masking either)

Im not so sure it's widely sold anymore either. Many of the links to buy it are gone now and I see nowhere locally to buy it (links to Autozone are dead etc).

I cant imagine it's all that different. Kind of like Plastidip vs. Rustoleum rubber dip stuff vs. flexshot etc. All just liquid spray rubber basically. If application is a simple $3 foam roller that's pretty easy compared to masking and making sure to get an even spray and no runs.

Last edited:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
  • Masking since its spray on.
  • Gets runs easy per reviews on vertical panels (like dipping have to get that perfect not too thick not too thin coat; many lighter coats)
  • Per the instructions need 1 can for front bumper, 1 can leading edge, 2 cans hood, and 1/2 can mirror caps. (Reviews on amazon say 2 cans was not enough for a front bumper, 12" of hood, mirror caps and leading edges on front fenders on an Audi A5 which is a similar dimension front end)

At $25 per can that is a TON of money even if you need 3 cans. If this stuff works for $40 that's a lot of savings, almost half the cost, and roll on is much neater (no masking either)
We own a body shop. $25 per can is not a ton of money. I myself wouldn't use spray or roll on.
To each their own. I have Xpel.
I just linked another option that's all. Don't think for a second that roll on is going to give you nice even coats. Because it won't.
Sponsored