Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
So, I decided to turn my Blue car "BluBallz" into more of a racecar (will be making a V2.0 thread soon for it)

I picked up a '16 Performance Pack car, and plan to make it the Ultimate Daily Driver. I commute an hour+ each way to the office everyday, so I have no plans to make the car loud and obnoxious.

My goals for this car are to make it a fun, very powerful and a capable performer. Quiet exhaust, lower it, maybe some nicer wheels....and focus on the power output utilizing what Ford has given us. Down the road, I may consider putting a mildly built 5.2L block, heads and GT350 intake on it with like 12.1 CR....but that will be a year or so plus away.

The very first modification I plan to make, or have ordered, is a set of the new G-Force Half Shafts. They should be releasing them soon, and are a great option for the lower power cars, especially stick shifts.

Stay Tuned!:cheers:
Stock Photo.jpg
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
By quiet exhaust, do you mean, quiet quiet, or quiet compared to insane catless longtubes and pretty much any catback?

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
I want quiet. As in "stock like" quiet.

I am thinking about doing my own work on the exhaust

Stock Headers
High Flow Cats
Aluminum Res Delete ;)
Aluminum "cat-back" with some custom aluminum mufflers

That kinda deal.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
I forgot to add.

As you will see with my plans for the exhaust....I am going to focus on making the car as light as possible. Anywhere that can save weight, I will replace it with the most OEM like or most high quality part I can get my hands on. Even for the suspension, I am NOT doing an all out suspension set-up...only the items that are a must have and lighter than stock. ;)

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
As far as exhaust, if you want the power improvement from long tubes, you can go with a borla touring exhaust that has their resonator... it'll both be lighter and fairly quiet. It'll be louder than stock, still, but not objectionably loud (imo).

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Maybe this car will showcase the new BMR springs that sit in-between the Performance and Handling springs in spring rate and drop the rear .75" instead of .5"!

I'm listening... :)

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
This will be a cool build to watch...never seen someone build for lightness and quietness! That would be the ultimate stealth car!

david borla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Exhaust systems designed specifically for use with Long Tube Headers

As far as exhaust, if you want the power improvement from long tubes, you can go with a borla touring exhaust that has their resonator... it'll both be lighter and fairly quiet. It'll be louder than stock, still, but not objectionably loud (imo).
We actually have 2 exhaust systems designed specifically for Long Tubes. These systems eliminate drone and other objectionable frequencies associated with Long Tube headers and also compensate for the additional gas flow create by the elimination of cats or the addition of long tube cats.

The 2 different part numbers represent the 2 different sound levels available.

I recommend these systems for anyone with Long Tube headers. Not just Borla headers but any Long Tubes.

https://www.borla.com/products/mustang_gt_catback_exhaust_stype_part__140629.html

https://www.borla.com/products/mustang_gt_catback_exhaust_atak_part__140630.html

Cheers

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
In for suspension & weight reduction ideas, def sounds like you are about to build a black, stealthy S550 Kelly.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
In for suspension & weight reduction ideas, def sounds like you are about to build a black, stealthy S550 Kelly.
This build, slowly but surely will be a cool one. I am going to put my own flavor into the car, not just what everyone else does.

Many of the parts I will likely make myself, or even use some prototypes from various companies.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
We actually have 2 exhaust systems designed specifically for Long Tubes. These systems eliminate drone and other objectionable frequencies associated with Long Tube headers and also compensate for the additional gas flow create by the elimination of cats or the addition of long tube cats.

The 2 different part numbers represent the 2 different sound levels available.

I recommend these systems for anyone with Long Tube headers. Not just Borla headers but any Long Tubes.

https://www.borla.com/products/mustang_gt_catback_exhaust_stype_part__140629.html

https://www.borla.com/products/mustang_gt_catback_exhaust_atak_part__140630.html

Cheers
You have great parts. I have your LT Headers on my 8 second S550 (BluBallz) and they work great.

On this car however, I want to do my own set-up. Unless of course, you want to send me a complete catted system of the most quiet variety. :thumbsup:

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Premium GT
subbed. I like stock-style stuff. you can do a lot with stock shit.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
So I was planning on trying to find some PP Rep wheels that would save some weight....but nothing looked too attractive except the $117 price tag.... The weight isnt much savings, and the ET/Offsets just don't do it for me.

So - I think I am going to run 20x10" HRE FF15's on all 4 corners with the MT Street Comp tires in a 275. This should be a nice clean set-up and shed about 40lbs, which will perform more like 100+ savings.

I am also looking into either doing GT350 brakes....or just grab some light weight rotors for the Brembos.

FlowForm_Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So I was planning on trying to find some PP Rep wheels that would save some weight....but nothing looked too attractive except the $117 price tag.... The weight isnt much savings, and the ET/Offsets just don't do it for me.

So - I think I am going to run 20x10" HRE FF15's on all 4 corners with the MT Street Comp tires in a 275. This should be a nice clean set-up and shed about 40lbs, which will perform more like 100+ savings.

I am also looking into either doing GT350 brakes....or just grab some light weight rotors for the Brembos.
:headbang: Would love to see some FF15's installed! Those weight savings will certainly make a great improvement.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Although this is not a drag-race specific build/car...I am going to drive down to the track tonight in 100% stock form to see what I can get out of it. Completely stock, no tricks or weight out.

I expect a 13.00@110 - ish....

12.Anything would be great!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.