Sponsored

GT350 vs 2017 ZL1

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
"Supercharger" and "track monster" don't usually go together well.

What this will be is a supremely fun, capable, well maneuvering super GT (grand touring) type car. That's why there is the sunroof *option*, and other comfort features.

IF, and that is a big if, GM is planning on doing a separate HiPo track model, ala Z/28, it probably will not have a LT4.

With the way things are shaping up, I think we may only see a 1LE and a ZL1. The 1LE fits the role the old Z/28 had, and if the performance levels that Al O said are true (3 seconds faster than the old 1LE) then it's not far off Z/28 par.
Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
"Supercharger" and "track monster" don't usually go together well.

What this will be is a supremely fun, capable, well maneuvering super GT (grand touring) type car. That's why there is the sunroof *option*, and other comfort features.

IF, and that is a big if, GM is planning on doing a separate HiPo track model, ala Z/28, it probably will not have a LT4.

With the way things are shaping up, I think we may only see a 1LE and a ZL1. The 1LE fits the role the old Z/28 had, and if the performance levels that Al O said are true (3 seconds faster than the old 1LE) then it's not far off Z/28 par.
I agree.

Since the C7 now has the grandsport as the NA high handling vehicle for that product line, I think the 1LE will fit that role as well. I think this ZL1 will have a package dedicated for track, similar to a Z07 package, that will be the Camaro's fastest track package.

sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Pony Package
The new Camaro's whole lower front fascia seems overdone. This mule seems to go a couple steps further.

Reminds me of some Hyundai or something

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
The new Camaro's whole lower front fascia seems overdone. This mule seems to go a couple steps further.

I'll be honest... I see the Camry comparisons when people point it out but I don't see it here.

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
The new Charger, especially in the Scat Pack and up trims, is an extremely good looking car.

There are worse things to bear a resemblance to.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
the Predator picture made me LOL

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra

Wrong Hyundai.

It looks like the suv:

But even so, we are in an age where so many modern shapes are used, there is a lot of overlap.

It's not disingenuous. It's just a popular style. And it looks good on the Camaro.

The Musyang also has the trapezoidal thing going on. Just at the top instead of the bottom.

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Chevy needs to focus on selling 6th Gen Camaro's in general.

Last generation the Zeta platform wasn't rigid enough for 580hp. I'm not convinced the Alpha is going to do a better job with more power. I have serious doubts Chevy will ever handle a GT350 period...

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
Chevy needs to focus on selling 6th Gen Camaro's in general.

Last generation the Zeta platform wasn't rigid enough for 580hp. I'm not convinced the Alpha is going to do a better job with more power. I have serious doubts Chevy will ever handle a GT350 period...

Do you have doubts that the Camaro weighs what Chevy says it would too?

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Do you have doubts that the Camaro weighs what Chevy says it would too?
No, I believe Chevy eliminated structural support and all serious performance equipment the competitors offer instead. The absolute worst way to lose weight among vehicles like the Mustang, Corvette, M3/M4, Porsche... yeah... The opposite of world class is Camaro :lol: I heard 3780-3820 and, that is probably where it was headed... until they removed all the valuable stuff :lol:

A sacrifice that will haunt them immediately once a ZL1 is engineered. The thought of a Convertible having somewhere of up to 20 sub-frame connectors so the coupe can weigh just as much as a Mustang :lol: and the customer pays for this delete :lol:

...well, very few customers fell for it :lol: The sales numbers tell me there were less moronic buyers than thePill thought. That was the mission, to inform potential buyers of the situation and make sure nobody bought the car.

...and very few people do... when they do, it's usually a 3770lbs 2SS that needs brakes, tire, wheels and a lot of structural reinforcement that is found on every other competitors offering. Again, this is a $42,000 car... that weighs nearly 3800lbs... and optioned Automatic :lol:

The Mustang won... and the sales trend shows exactly what thePill warned of. thePill warned you of this because of the endless amounts of info supplied here. Accurate info that is...

Yes, Chevy gutted the Camaro and charged you more for it. It performs only marginally better than the Premium GT Motor Trend tested against it.

The SS's victory over a fully loaded GT Premium was pathetic :lol: In my opinion, from the styling being recycled to sharing a platform with a 4 cylinder family sedan, I am truly impressed. The Car of the Year with a botched release and charging thousands more for absolutely nothing is far out, car of the year for sure :lol: congratulations Chevy. I have a feeling the Camaro won't be around much longer. At least not at the rate it's NOT selling.

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
No, I believe Chevy eliminated structural support and all serious performance equipment the competitors offer. The absolute worst way to lose weight among vehicles like the Mustang, Corvette, M3/M4, Porsche... yeah... The opposite of world class is Camaro :lol:

A sacrifice that will haunt them immediately once a ZL1 is engineered. The thought of a Convertible have somewhere of up to 20 sub-frame connectors so the coupe can weigh just as much as a Mustang :lol: and the customer pays for this delete :lol:

...well, very few customers fell for it :lol: The sales numbers tell me there were less moronic buyers than thePill thought. That was the mission, to inform potential buyers of the situation and make sure nobody bought the car.

...and very few people do... when they do, it's usually a 3770lbs 2SS that needs brakes, tire, wheels and a lot of structural reinforcement that is found on every other competitors offering. Again, this is a $42,000 car... that weighs nearly 3800lbs... and optioned Automatic :lol:

The Mustang won... and the sales trend shows exactly what thePill warned of. thePill warned you of this because of the endless amounts of info supplied here. Accurate info that is...

Yes, Chevy gutted the Camaro and charged you more for it. It performs only marginally better than the Premium GT Motor Trend tested against it.

The SS's victory over a fully loaded GT Premium was pathetic :lol: In my opinion, from the styling being recycled to sharing a platform with a 4 cylinder family sedan, I am truly impressed. The Car of the Year with a botched release and charging thousands more for absolutely nothing is far out, car of the year for sure :lol: congratulations Chevy. I have a feeling the Camaro won't be around much longer. At least not at the rate it's NOT selling.

TL;DR more made up misinformation. (Outside of lower sales, although they still haven't released the 4-banger. Not sure if that will help though. Time will tell.)

ThePill also had a feeling that the Camaro wouldn't weigh what it did.
Sponsored