Transmission Mount - Boomba Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obsessed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Im struggling to see how the stock mount is softer. Looks like the stock piece has no bushings at all. Wouldnt that make it stiffer? Anyone try this and notice a difference?
Sponsored

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Im struggling to see how the stock mount is softer. Looks like the stock piece has no bushings at all. Wouldnt that make it stiffer? Anyone try this and notice a difference?
On the stock mount the entire bottom is the bushing. Watch the video of the removal and look at the bottom of the mount and you will see. The Boomba mount has moved the only dampening to around the bolt holes that go to the transmission.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
[MENTION=11212]Boomba Racing[/MENTION] any video of the difference between the original unit and the new one with softer durometer?

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost TY 6MT w/ PP
On the stock mount the entire bottom is the bushing. Watch the video of the removal and look at the bottom of the mount and you will see. The Boomba mount has moved the only dampening to around the bolt holes that go to the transmission.

[MENTION=11212]Boomba Racing[/MENTION] any video of the difference between the original unit and the new one with softer durometer?

We just whipped together something for you guys here to show the difference between the stock mount and our mount.

You can see the stock mount has a huge sloppy bushing on the bottom of the mount. We've moved the bushing to where the bolts go, made it a stiffer durometer, and made it [the bushings] smaller. This results in significantly less drive-train movement.

We're working on a comparison video.

Sponsored

Obsessed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
We just whipped together something for you guys here to show the difference between the stock mount and our mount.

You can see the stock mount has a huge sloppy bushing on the bottom of the mount. We've moved the bushing to where the bolts go, made it a stiffer durometer, and made it [the bushings] smaller. This results in significantly less drive-train movement.

We're working on a comparison video.

Where is the bushing on the stock mount? I want to say its the black part but that just looks like some material covering the metal.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Where is the bushing on the stock mount? I want to say its the black part but that just looks like some material covering the metal.
All of the highlighted area is the stock bushing.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Do you know if this mount will work with the tremec magnum xl swap?
Sorry, we did not see your question.

We cannot confirm whether that would fit or not as we have not had the chance to test fit. If it shares the same mounting style as the stock trans, there is no reason why our mount would not work.

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Sorry, we did not see your question.

We cannot confirm whether that would fit or not as we have not had the chance to test fit. If it shares the same mounting style as the stock trans, there is no reason why our mount would not work.
Alrighty. Thanks!

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure a lot of daily drivers would be interested in the NVH this might add. I know that with the Steeda/Whiteline bracket insert the difference was quite noticeable.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure a lot of daily drivers would be interested in the NVH this might add. I know that with the Steeda/Whiteline bracket insert the difference was quite noticeable.
In regards to NVH, this is now why we offer two different versions; a 70D race spec and a 60D street spec. The race spec transmits a good amount of all type of transmission noise such as the gears spinning and clutch engaging/disengaging. The street spec one is much more tolerable on a day to day basis. It really depends on what you want out of your car. People have said that the race spec on a car with an aftermarket exhaust is fine, but can be a little much if you're on the stock exhaust.

Status
Not open for further replies.