Sponsored

**New from RPI Designs...2015 Ford Mustang Stealth Splash Guards Mud Flaps Kit**

Status
Not open for further replies.

didibabawu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Customers complained about them sticking out too far so we moved them in.

We now have longer pins for the kits because of the problems customers were having with the thicker material. You must have gotten an earlier kit.

I had no problem installing the supplied u clips. They need to be tight to ensure a secure installation. If they are too tight you can use a screwdriver to open them up a little.

We have not received your email. Please give us a call at 888.257 8515 so we can get your information and send you some new pins.
I ordered a set of the premium flaps which does not come with longer push in pins. There is no way I can reuse the factory push in pins to attached the from flap as they are way too thick. I used "Contact Us" from on your website yet to receive any reply from you guys.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RPI Designs

RPI Designs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rpidesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Test Mule
I ordered a set of the premium flaps which does not come with longer push in pins. There is no way I can reuse the factory push in pins to attached the from flap as they are way too thick. I used "Contact Us" from on your website yet to receive any reply from you guys.
PM sent.

OP
OP
RPI Designs

RPI Designs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rpidesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
Use coupon code LANA5 to receive 5% off your order!

OP
OP
RPI Designs

RPI Designs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rpidesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2015-2017 Ford Mustang Stealth Splash Guards Mud Flaps Kit

UPDATE 5/5/2015 - We had customers ask us to "adjust" the front guards a bit, to make them stick out a little less and follow the body line more, we listened and adjusted the front set to fit the body line closer. If you have the originals and want to change them out for the new fronts, just send me an email, [email protected], include your order number. Thank you!

Hey guys,

You have been asking for splash guards. And we have been working diligently to produce them. They are just about ready to go. We are taking pre-orders, these will start to ship April 23, 2015. Get your order in to be the first in line.

No need to drill new holes. This four piece splash guard kit is designed to use existing holes and mounting locations on your 2015 Ford Mustang. These are often referred to as "no drill splash guards". This kit consists of four ABS plastic, impact resistant splash guards and mounting hardware.

The front splash guards will use "plastic push pins" and our special "U" bracket to install. The rear splash guards will use long metal screws to replace your existing factory inner fender liner screws.

The 2015 Ford Mustang rear mud guards will require you to remove your rear wheels for installation. The front guards can be installed with your wheels left on the car.

All hardware is included with these "no drilling required" splash guards.

Use coupon code "LANA5" at checkout to receive 5% off your order!

Available here:
http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=5419
2015mustangsplash4rpi.jpg

2015mustangsplash1rpi.jpg

2015mustangsplash2rpi.jpg

2015mustangsplash3rpi.jpg

2015mustangsplash4rpi.jpg

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Hi, i was not able to attach pictures in PM as requested by you, so i am posting them here, there are for LHS wheel when sitting in car (RHS wheel if standing in front of car), the other side is even worse but the i couldn't take picture of the other side due to the way it was parked right now.

AS you can see in the pictures, the bottom PIN is not even pushed in and locked yet. If i try to do that, the guard leans further inwards.
Then even if i try to hold both the PINS or all three PINS with one hand and move the guard outwards, either the bottom pins pop out or the whole guard comes out.
The holes drilled in the guard are not lining up and there is no play to adjust.

IMG_2645.jpg

IMG_2643.jpg

IMG_2650.jpg

IMG_2642.jpg
I am having this issue as well. There is too much gap in between the shield and fender. The oem retention pins aside from the top one aren't long enough to engage the metal portion of the fender.

also before a solution is found, can we verify our fenders are aluminum? As I would hate to use the metal clips and they be steel and have rust issues from them scratching the paint off many years from now

Last edited:

Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kinda sorted it out, I used the fasteners in the quote below and already bought the double sided tape earlier in the day from lowes.

I used the tape in place of using the metal clips, gives it a cleaner look imo. Also, I see a lot of people putting these on with the textured side forward....why?:doh: haha looks more oem to match the Matt texture to the side plastics and have the smooth portion in the wheel well. Plus smooth will be easier to clean.

Qty. 4, Dorman Auto Grade 5/16" Body Panel Retainers, Part #464340BP ($2.50 from O'Reilly Auto Parts)

2 strips, 3M Auto Advanced Super Strength Molding Tape, Part #03609 (already had it)

RPI if you have any better suggestions I'm all ears. Also I didn't install the rears. No real need to imo as the bumper tapers in and I really don't see much evidence of debris impacts even after 40k miles....granted I think the whole bumper has been repainted since then due to being rear ended but even in the last year and a half I don't see much to worry about. My tires are 285s with a 35et so pretty aggressive too. Plus I like the look of rear tire better :D

Overall I'm real happy with it, finishing of the product could be better but on the vehicle you can't tell. Pretty much looks like it belongs there.

One more thing RPI, take some new pictures the ones you have show zero detail of your product :thumbsup:

OP
OP
RPI Designs

RPI Designs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rpidesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
One more thing RPI, take some new pictures the ones you have show zero detail of your product :thumbsup:

If you send us some pictures of the splash guards installed on your car we will give you $25.00 store credit. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
RPI Designs

RPI Designs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rpidesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
Use coupon code LANA5 to save 5% off your order!

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I am having this issue as well. There is too much gap in between the shield and fender. The oem retention pins aside from the top one aren't long enough to engage the metal portion of the fender.
@RPI grateful for your input here. Well done to [MENTION=7590]DivineStrike[/MENTION] for creating a workaround, is the issue one you recognise in the design? I don't want to hunt for parts if I don't need to (unfortunately the closest store is a long way from me) and don't want to try and install if I need parts first.

OP
OP
RPI Designs

RPI Designs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rpidesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
@RPI grateful for your input here. Well done to [MENTION=7590]DivineStrike[/MENTION] for creating a workaround, is the issue one you recognise in the design? I don't want to hunt for parts if I don't need to (unfortunately the closest store is a long way from me) and don't want to try and install if I need parts first.
Most people install them as we did without any problems. But you can always do a custom install like Devine Strike did to get things just the way you like them.

Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Design wise the only thing I dislike is using metal clips on a Painted surface. [MENTION=31880]GT 550[/MENTION]

The tape should be easy enough to order if it can be shipped to your location, as for the fasteners I used, you might not need them at all just depends.

OP
OP
RPI Designs

RPI Designs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rpidesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the orders! Use coupon code LANA5 to save 5% off your order!

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
So after reading lots of posts here...are these issues fixed yet? Nothing like plug and play that does not plug and play.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.