Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost TY 6MT w/ PP
Update 2/25: These are now available!

Hey everyone! Just wanted to give you some teaser shots of what we've been working on.

We've got very similar spacers made for the Focus ST and the gains were highly impressive (35 ft lbs of torque). We can't wait to strap our Mustang to the dyno and see what type of numbers it puts down!

Both the throttle body spacer and the intake manifold spacer will have ports that can be used however the user desires. Methanol or nitrous injection would be a good example as well as aftermarket gauges.

Available here: http://www.boombaracing.com/engine-12/

MSRP:

Throttle Body Spacer: $64.99

Intake Manifold Spacer: $164.99

Intake and Throttle Body Spacer Pair: $209.99

The dyno below is on our shop car Ecoboost Mustang!

Install video:

[ame]

Last edited:

Robfied

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP - Manual
Looking Forward to seeing the results from the Dyno session!

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I'm not an expert on meth injection, but what is the best location for the nozzle? I've heard mention of the outlet of the IC and now this too. In my mind it seems like the throttle body spacer would be the best spot.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
I'm not an expert on meth injection, but what is the best location for the nozzle? I've heard mention of the outlet of the IC and now this too. In my mind it seems like the throttle body spacer would be the best spot.
You need pipe length for proper mixing. If you inject at the throttle body, the majority of the meth mixture will enter in cylinders 1 and 2 because of the design of the intake manifold. People do it, but that's when you hear of failures. Best mixing spot for this will probably end up being at the IC outlet.

YellowBee

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Eco-boost Mustang
I would love to see how much we could get from that spacer on the manifold. How much. I might be interested.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
35 lb ft from a spacer...care to explain that?
They are effectively increasing the intake runner length with that spacer. Looks to be about an inch?? Longer intake runners produce more low end power because of how it changes the airflow into the engine. That's how you can get 35 lb ft from just a spacer.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
They are effectively increasing the intake runner length with that spacer. Looks to be about an inch?? Longer intake runners produce more low end power because of how it changes the airflow into the engine. That's how you can get 35 lb ft from just a spacer.
Thanks for the quick explanation zack. I'm also interested to hear more about how exactly this works and why it seems so overly simple

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
you'll gain low end torque from long runners and lose high end hp for the most part.

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
Thanks for the quick explanation zack. I'm also interested to hear more about how exactly this works and why it seems so overly simple
Simply put, it changes the frequency of the port. For NA applications, if you want to go fast, lengthening an intake port is the opposite of what a person should do, since it shifts the powerband to the left...killing hp in the process. Not sure how detailed an explanation you want...this should be a good start...

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question517.htm

From what info we have so far, it seems this the opposite of what should be done while the stock turbo is in place. This engine needs a solution for making more hp...not torque.

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
That was my thought as well. We Seem to have plenty of torque. We need hp.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
You need pipe length for proper mixing. If you inject at the throttle body, the majority of the meth mixture will enter in cylinders 1 and 2 because of the design of the intake manifold. People do it, but that's when you hear of failures. Best mixing spot for this will probably end up being at the IC outlet.
Thanks, makes sense.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost TY 6MT w/ PP
Essentially the spacers add volume to your intake plenum. This has been shown to aide in cylinder filling at lower RPM, smooth out throttle response, build boost sooner, and lengthen the effective wave pulse of the intake charge. In the picture shown above, you can see the dyno charts of both spacers paired and the gains are tremendous. Over 30 ft lbs of torque (in using both spacers) and a significant change in the horsepower curve.

We are strapping the Mustang to the dyno today and expect to see similar results!

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
I will take torque and power under the curve, even if it shifts the curve to the left a bit. These are heavy cars and they need all the grunt they can get out of the hole. The added top end HP will come when someone gets a turbo on the car that is not out of its efficiency zone from the factory.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Simply put, it changes the frequency of the port. For NA applications, if you want to go fast, lengthening an intake port is the opposite of what a person should do, since it shifts the powerband to the left...killing hp in the process. Not sure how detailed an explanation you want...this should be a good start...

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question517.htm

From what info we have so far, it seems this the opposite of what should be done while the stock turbo is in place. This engine needs a solution for making more hp...not torque.
Thanks that was helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.