Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Sponsored

FreddyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 wheels and a seat
Just FYI, to anyone, this isn't my first rodeo with powerful cars. I currently own a full bolt on 97 Viper with a 250 pill, 500rwhp f-150, had several fox bodies with over well over 450rwhp, built big block f150, etc. Not to mention my 2014 Mustang GT with over 1300rwhp....

My choice of tires is due to this being a car my wife will drive on occasions(This will be my daily driver). We are putting a 3lb spring in for "low" boost situations and daily driving. I also can control boost by gear so my 1st and 2nd gear I can keep low then by third ramp it up some if I so desire. When I track the car(which will happen on occasion) I'll put on some widened 18's and run an e/t street radial or what not.

In summary, these tires should be good between low boost and traction control for my wife when she drives the car, even in the rain.

Just curious, on your vette did you have the regular pilot sports? or the ZP run flats? Cause I've had the run flats on my viper and they were like skating on ice.
I didn't mean anything offensive by my post. Was just trying to give some constructive criticism by what happened to me. If it came across as anything but that, then I Apologize. As I said, just trying to help.

They were the regular Pilot Sports fitted on a set of CCW Classics that were 18x10 " in the front and 18x11.5" in the back with 275/35-18 and 335/30-18's (or something like that) fitted on them. They fit extremely well and you couldn't tell how much rubber was on the car unless you got behind it.

Good Luck with your build! :cheers:

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
Looks sick. Any picture of the custom exhaust manifold?

OP
OP

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I didn't mean anything offensive by my post. Was just trying to give some constructive criticism by what happened to me. If it came across as anything but that, then I Apologize. As I said, just trying to help.

They were the regular Pilot Sports fitted on a set of CCW Classics that were 18x10 " in the front and 18x11.5" in the back with 275/35-18 and 335/30-18's (or something like that) fitted on them. They fit extremely well and you couldn't tell how much rubber was on the car unless you got behind it.

Good Luck with your build! :cheers:
Oh I didn't mean mine to be rude either.. sorry!

Sponsored

OP
OP

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Looking forward to seeing pictures with the wheels and rubber installed

345's out back? Very impressive!

Nick C.
Ended up going 335's due to tire diameter choices. Still not that far off:cheers:

I hope to have pictures of these on the car this weekend, Still don't have springs on or anything yet.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Those wheels look awesome!!

OP
OP

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Sponsored

theereverand

Theereverand
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Awesome work looking forward to seeing results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
Those wheels. Pure sex. Sub'd for the numbers and videos ;)

OP
OP

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
335/30/20 at stock ride height.

OP
OP

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Now for more pics of the turbo system.. .

We are trying a few different ways. One is like pictured, maintaining factory kmember and swaybars. With mandrel bent 3" pipe there is still over 6" of ground clearence. The fabricator looked into oval piping to gain some more clearence but would add nearly $1000 to the system.

Another is to remove the factory sway bar. This would get it all tucked up with the kmember.

Then with an aftermarket kmember should retain everything and no lower hanging pipe.

The production kit will have one bov on the intercooler. Mine has two...just cause :)

Fabricating a new water tank. We are going to have it setup so the factory cap etc wI'll work.

I also have steeda springs and swaybars to put on the car.
Sponsored