Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT/PP
I pulled that stupid sound tube today on my GT. What a colossal pain in the ass. There is a nut on a stud holding the tube in the firewall. Nearly impossible to get at as it is behind the drivers side cylinder head. I did get it out and plugged the holes. No electrical anything so it didn't throw any codes which is as expected. Honestly if it made any difference in the sound I didn't notice but it sure cleaned up the engine bay on that side. That had a cost Ford a pretty penny. There is three chambers, two could have some kind diaphragm thing going on, three or four rubber sleeves, and a bunch of clamps. Why couldn't they have put that money to better use like making the shiny shit match in the interior.
So, that is on the left side, behind the air intake?
How long did it take to get it out?

Thanks for the pics:thumbsup:

Magnetic15

Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Magnetic
See the small tube with two hose clamps on it before the accordion bend. That's where it starts and then runs along the valve cover to the fire wall. I left mine alone because I'll be getting a JLT anyway.

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Looks much better without. Funny story, when I had my 2013 GT I swapped in a Boss intake manifold and a JLT CAI and put my stock strut tower brace on Craigslist and some high school kid contacted me asking if I removed my sound tube and if I'd be interested in selling it. I was like, who the hell would want that on they're damn car??? He offered $50 for it... yes I'll take that. :crazy: Apparently the V6 cars didn't come with them so he wanted it to slap on his V6....

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Why have I not subscribed to this yet? all well fixed now :D

I will probably be removing that stupid sound tube first thing. What did you use to close up the hole on the intake? or did you just leave it alone?

Sponsored

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
So that's what that piece is... I was wondering WTF that was, thanks for the lesson.
I still wonder why it was removed as well as the Helmholtz Resonator-->:shrug:

OP
OP

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
Tear down day. 120 miles on the car going to snow tomorrow still have half tank of original gas.

Ford did a great job with so many things unfortunately they messed up a couple things. Like the inner fender wells are one piece which make removing them a PITA to remove.

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Any tips or 'gotchas' for removing the front bumper cover?

That sc sure is pretty sitting there. ;)

OP
OP

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
Any tips or 'gotchas' for removing the front bumper cover?

That sc sure is pretty sitting there. ;)

Lots of screws holding the splitter on use an angled power driver with 7mm socket. There are two 5.5mm head screws near the ends of the front rubber gasket. And one on each end at the fender/bumper cover seam. Then it pops apart and lifts off. Ford did a terrific job with the grills and plastic surround for the fog lights really nice work.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Lots of screws holding the splitter on use an angled power driver with 7mm socket. There are two 5.5mm head screws near the ends of the front rubber gasket. And one on each end at the fender/bumper cover seam. Then it pops apart and lifts off. Ford did a terrific job with the grills and plastic surround for the fog lights really nice work.
Thanks for the tips. Does it look like it's possible to release/loosen just the top half in order to pull the headlights out, or does it all have to come off as a I suspect?

OP
OP

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
If you can't get the headlights out without touching the bumper cover than the whole thing will have to be removed. It is very ridged more so than the s197. The old foam bumper spacer is gone and it now has a plastic piece which is fastened to the inside of the bumper cover along with the upper and lower grills this make the whole thing rather stiff. Plus it has to be lifted up to get it over some pins at the top. If you were to get the top lose you might put undo strain on the splitter pan.

OP
OP

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
I moved the battery into the trunk. Since I have no intention of carrying a spare I decided to put the battery in the spare wheel space. Unfortunately Ford doesn't make that easy the floor in there isn't flat so putting the battery in there raises it up over an inch higher than the space allows. So flattening the space is required.

Sponsored